Zc Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civichatch33

Ok. I was originally going to buy a DOHC ZC engine for about $600. It was gonna be used and with about 35,000 miles on it. Well...I went to my local import shop Kamikaze Racing and I asked the guy if it was a good idea. He said you shouldn't buy an engine for that cheap. You never know if there is a cracked piston or a blown head gasket, etc etc. So then I thought, "well that sounds good, maybe I won't do that." But I have a 1991 Civic DX Hatchback and that thing is sorry. Yeah it runs well but there is like no power at all. 92 horepower just isn't gonna cut it when that's not even what I'm getting to the wheels. I mean, I don't need a B16 b/c I'm not going to go down to the track very often. I just need something to give me more power and I felt the ZC would be a good alternative. I was thinking of maybe buying a rebuilt ZC off of one of those sites like rebuiltengines.com or something. But I'm not sure. Someone tell me if I should just buy a used one and hope it wasn't driven hard and nothin's wrong with it or should I pay that extra cash for a rebuilt. Tell me your experiences and where you got your swaps. Thanks for the help. It's really needed.

whoever you talked to is retarded. that is just about the goin' price for a DOHC ZC. you can get one from hmotorsonline.com for $525. it will bolt right in to your engine bay with stock mounts and will also bolt right up to your existing tranny. you will however have to convert from dual-point fuel injection to multi-point fuel injection.

Yeah but an engine with 35,000 miles doesn't mean that it doesn't have a blown head gasket or some other problem in the engine. It also doesn't mean that the owner of the car with that engine didn't drive it hard and cause it to wear much faster and not take care of his engine. I know, I was going to buy the engine for $525 from hmotorsonline but then I heard otherwise.

hmotorsonline? what did you hear.. i purchased three motors and all are working fine... or if you can get a compression test. all in all its still to high... if your asking for suggestions its hmotorsonline

just buy my whole 91 civic dx with zc swap for 800 dollars, you get ecu, engine, harness, everything is new on the engine, clutch, flywheel, starter, distributor, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, timing belt, tps sensor, o2 sensor, etc. it was shipped with a torque converter on it, so you know it was driven easier cuz of the tranny, also i have a jdm header made by jasma, a short shifter, tinted windows you could swap out, prelude seats, and a few other extras, the car was hit in the rear, but is still very drivable, i wouldnt hesitate to drive it to cali, but the bumper is busted up and tail lite is broke, pics can be seen at www.cardomain.com/id/zc_hatch
jones
altered_image_customs2003@yahoo.com

civichatch would you sell the hood... :D i need one...

Back