Zc Swap For An 88 Crx Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastCRX

Hey guys, I am thinking about putting a ZC motor in my 88 CRX Si. On streetimports.com, I found one for $799.00 with the engine only. Is this all I would need, or would I need to get a transmission. If so, do you guys know of a website where I would be able to get one.
Thanks.

That should be all you need. It should be a direct bolt in to your Si. Can't beat that swap at it's price and power output.

Peace*

i have heard something about the 88 si tranny, something about it having fewer teeth on the input shaft. I could be wrong, but doesn't the 88 have a different clutch than the 89-91? and if it does i would think that you would want a 89-90 tranny so that you have more support for your clutch...

i was thinking about putting a zc in a 91 CRX si, and i read that the only rewiring need is on 2 wires connected to the distrubitor.

do some more shopping around... i think you can find a zc for much cheaper. 799 seems kinda high.

hey dude, just bid your "799.00" on this and you already got a transmission. and then just buy the ecu, and if you have an si harness, it would fit. i dont know about mounts or anythig on the zc crx. dont know about axles either. you could probably get this cheaper than 800 also is what im guessing. from the looks of it, doesnt look too bad (looks can be decieving) shipping is a little pricey though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2418666050

if you have a little more money, just go to jdmpower.net and get a b16a1. prices on them are pretty good. IMO atleast.

Does anyone have a link or something that shows it will fit right in and/or other stuff I may need. I have been trying to find something about it on this site, but I have not found anything yet.

Originally posted by 2fastCRX@Jun 13 2003, 08:57 AM
Does anyone have a link or something that shows it will fit right in and/or other stuff I may need. I have been trying to find something about it on this site, but I have not found anything yet.

did you get my e-mail?

Hey Bro, I got the ZC engine for $550 and that's everything except the tranny and ECU (which I had) so no big deal, I live in Puerto Rico and you can get any type of engine but sometimes the over charge you. But $799 is a little to high unless he's going to give you the tranny as well. B)

Good Luck
DA. Crespo
San Juan, PR

i agree that $799 is high for a zc. in socal u can get the engine and tranny INSTALLED in a crx by a swap shop (swapshopracing) for $1000 so the engine itself has to be alot less than $799.

I can do 550 plus shipping on a ZC. The ZC motor I have in stock looks like its a 2003 ZC not 1989!

Back