zc swap hell plz help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrxRacer4life

Alright fellas, I bought this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Okay well...that said, I have a 91 crx with an si already installed with a zc tranny attached. I need to swap that new motor in, I was going to swap my current zc tranny over to the new motor and run this. The new motor comes with the wire harness too but its cut at the firewall, the seller says that this model zc is for 92-95 civics, but goes into 88-91 models with some minor mods.

here is my question...What are those mods?

I have an aftermarket exaust manifold...I have the axels, I was going to get the 88-89 integra pm7 ecu but now im not sure if thats what I need. He says this motor is the 92-95 style grey plug motor...and that 88-91's are yellow plug variant. What do I need to do here guys? Will my si mounts work as well? Please help!

-steve

the zc will bolt in with your stock mounts.. however to use your wire harness. you will need to use a 0bd0 distributor and maybe the 0bd0 injectors to work on the crx ecu.. all the other sensors can be changed out with the ones on your single cam motor. your after market exhaust will fit the same too. you will have to wire in the crank sensor to your computer. (for a si model) these wires are going from your ecu to the distributor. 2 wires must be removed from the distributor and attached to your crank angle sensor on the zc..... (for a dx model) you will need to add the wires from the ecu to the sensor. since you already have a zc tranny.. your axles should work fine. a pm7 acura ecu will work good.. a zc ecu will work better.. but a (pm6) si ecu will work ok too. hope this helps

Originally posted by hotcivic78332@Jun 8 2004, 12:35 AM
the zc will bolt in with your stock mounts.. however to use your wire harness. you will need to use a 0bd0 distributor and maybe the 0bd0 injectors to work on the crx ecu.. all the other sensors can be changed out with the ones on your single cam motor. your after market exhaust will fit the same too. you will have to wire in the crank sensor to your computer. (for a si model) these wires are going from your ecu to the distributor. 2 wires must be removed from the distributor and attached to your crank angle sensor on the zc..... (for a dx model) you will need to add the wires from the ecu to the sensor. since you already have a zc tranny.. your axles should work fine. a pm7 acura ecu will work good.. a zc ecu will work better.. but a (pm6) si ecu will work ok too. hope this helps

if you are going to convert it to OBD0, you will need a Cylinder Position Sensor that goes on the end of the exhaust camshaft from 88-89 Integra - the OBD1 ZC has the Cylinder Position Sensor in the distributor - you will need to swap the driver's side engine mount from your engine to the new one - all the other mounts that you now have will be fine - use the engine harness that is on your Si

Not to jack this thread, but that is the same guy I got my ZC from. He was cool and always willing to help me out. If anything is wrong with the motor, he will hook you up. By the way, did you buy it from Jessie or Matt?

Back