zc swap hell plz help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrxRacer4life

For reference: I am using a 1991 crx HF wire harness with this DOHC ZC if that matters.

Okay all, here is my situation...I have the DOHC ZC blacktop with the internal cam angle sensor, therefore please understand that there is no external cam angle sensor for me, just a black plastic cover on where the sensor would be, saying p30. Anyways, so I wired it up, all wires matched except for one coming from the zc distributor which was yellow with a green stripe. I just ran that wire to one of the crx white wires and switched them around later on when it wouldnt work. I get the code 15...which is "engine output signal". So I ordered the 89 integra distributor after hearing that it would bolt up, well it does, but it lacks the two wires for the cam angle sensor due to integras having the external cam angle sensor. I currently am waiting on a 92-95 civic distributor hoping that it will mount up and not lack the two wires I need for the distributor to work.

I have achieved spark...but no fuel is going to the motor due to
the ecu cutting it off because of the distributor.

What am I doing wrong here? Am I right in assuming my distributor could be bad? Anyone have some detailed pics for me?

Please help me, im in dire need of my car running...Please

-Steve (confused and desperate crxer)

Back