ZC swap into eg question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

Okay so my d15b7 is puffin black smoke so i am thinking its time for a new motor. I am thinking the 92-95 ZC and i know that this is not reccomended but i have all ready have a budget turbo setup on my d15b7 and that would make it pretty much make it interchangable. Oh and i am gonna be ordering the motor from nippon motors if I purchase the ZC. Now my questions are:

Will the ZC run well on my stock P06 for the time being before i bolt up my turbo setup on it?

For a transmission just to clarify, the ZC only bolts up to an ex/si tranny?

If you had the choice would you rather a d15b or the ZC? I ask this because my friend has a d15b for sale at a comprable price to the ZC.

Thanks!

if it were me, i'd look in junkyards for a z6. the power is comparable to a jdm sohc zc and jdm d15b, and parts are a dime a dozen, and you can probably get the whole thing for 300 bucks. it will be a much easier swap.

i wouldn't run a zc on a po6... if anything, an ls p75 would be better, but still not ideal.

all hydro d-series trannys are interchagable so long as you have the right clutch and axle set.

okay thanks, i forgot to mention i was gonna get the DOHC nonvtec ZC if that makes a difference. So if i used an DX tranny on it what clutch and axels should i use,; and the same for if i used a ex/si tranny ?

Quoted post[/post]]
okay thanks, i forgot to mention i was gonna get the DOHC nonvtec ZC if that makes a difference. So if i used an DX tranny on it what clutch and axels should i use,; and the same for if i used a ex/si tranny ?
the OBD1 DOHC ZC will bolt right into your car using your transmission, axles, clutch, etc. - you won't need to change anything - be better to get the EX transmission, but you don't have to - you will need to do a little exhaust work, unless you want to use your exhaust manifold on the ZC

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
the OBD1 DOHC ZC will bolt right into your car using your transmission, axles, clutch, etc. - you won't need to change anything - be better to get the EX transmission, but you don't have to - you will need to do a little exhaust work, unless you want to use your exhaust manifold on the ZC

Does the ZC not have a good exhaust manifold? or is it that since it's a dohc there will be a space between the cat and manifold?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Does the ZC not have a good exhaust manifold? or is it that since it's a dohc there will be a space between the cat and manifold?
the ZC has a 4-2-1 manifold - pretty good design - you need to adapt a EX downpipe which bolts right to the ZC manifold

Well i finally got my compression tester in the mail. I tested the ole d15b7 and got 125,125,130,130. So she's pretty much dead. I am gonan get the ZC and my question is will the ZC run off a chipped P06(after the winter)?? As for replacement parts(stuff like a water pump, timing belt, and such) i can use any parts that would be for a d16a8/9, correct? Also is there any type of wiring i have to do since its a dohc and my old d15b7 is sohc? Thanks!

Quoted post[/post]]
Well i finally got my compression tester in the mail. I tested the ole d15b7 and got 125,125,130,130. So she's pretty much dead. I am gonan get the ZC and my question is will the ZC run off a chipped P06(after the winter)?? As for replacement parts(stuff like a water pump, timing belt, and such) i can use any parts that would be for a d16a8/9, correct? Also is there any type of wiring i have to do since its a dohc and my old d15b7 is sohc? Thanks!
chipped P06 would run it o.k. - replacement parts are basically same as the OBD0 DOHC ZC, except the distributor which is unique to the OBD1 ZC - generally speaking, all parts below the top of the block are same as D16A6 Si - all parts above top of block are same as D16A1 Integra - the timing belt is the same as 88 Prelude 2.0 Si

When you say a chipped P06 will run okay why wouldn't it run normal if i have the p29 binary file?

Back