ZC Swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrhogiyogi

Have a stock 88 SI. Engine is wasted and would like to do a ZC swap just to get her going again. Will the stock tranny work on the ZC, ECU and axles are they a direct swap. Any special motor mount mods needed. Not a lot off cash so just the basics.

Don

Follow up

Did some more reading on the site, found the following information that raises a few for questions.
"The 88-91 Civic style ZC is a direct bolt in to the 88-91 Civics and CRXs. You can bolt the ZC to the stock transmission easily too. You just need to make sure you have the right clutch and flywheel combo. The easy way is to match the pair to what ever year tranny you use. Electrically the ZC is identical to the Si with the exception of the distributor wiring."
Need to know how to identify a "civic style ZC. How do I know which clutch and flyweel are correct.

all ZC engines are JDM and come in various configurations - OBD0 DOHC, OBD1 DOHC, SOHC and SOHC VTEC - you didn't say which you were looking at swapping - i assume you mean OBD0 DOHC ZC - the OBD0 DOHC ZC can be identified mainly by the valve cover which has Honda stamped on the exhaust side and has 4 attaching bolts that are out on the edge - the engine serial number starts with the number "2" - since your Si is 88, you would want to use the flywheel/clutch assembly from your Si on the ZC - everything bolts right up using the Si transmission, mounts, axles, etc. - you would need 88-89 Integra upper radiator hose - the Si PM6 ECU will work, although the ZC PM7 or the 88-89 Integra PG7 will work a little better

Attachments

• GarysZC.jpg
    GarysZC.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 823
  • ZCstamp.jpg
    ZCstamp.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 232
hey can anyone tell me whats the most you can boost on a stock zc no tune

Back