1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZC Swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Boostoholic, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Boostoholic

Boostoholic Junior Member

Hey everyone, I'm not all to familiar with the ZC motor but I am trying to make a decision on a swap for my Del Sol S and its one of my options. So heres the questions;

1. Will the wiring harness thats allready in my sol work If I buy the OBD1 ZC motor and ECU?

2. How well does the ZC work with turbo? No matter which engine I choose I'm gonna go turbo so just wanted to know how it compared. Also any turbo kits made for the ZC or would any D-series kit work? (say the Greddy 15G)

Sorry for the noob ques and thanks in advance for your help!

2. ej18c

ej18c Junior Member

if i was swaping anything to anything it would be a vtec, more parts. more power for your money.

3. Boostoholic

Boostoholic Junior Member

Sorry, but I want to stay D-series and non vtec. Plus the ZC makes just as much power as the Z6 or Y8.

4. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

not worth the hassle to swap a zc in your sol, just head swap it, and spend some money on p&p, maybe a cam and valve train set. you can usually puck up a vtec head for cheap($150) or so complete, swap it and spend the other 400 you would of spent on the zc enigne in mods and be 25 hp ahead of where you would of with the headache of a swap

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted