1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zc trans in dx case

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by cavrx, Dec 3, 2003.

1. cavrx

cavrx Senior Member

ok got a dilema here. i got the sohc zc mated to a dx trans that whines like a siamese cat. I can't seem to find an si trans anywhere around my area so i called noyan motors where i got my motor and they got a zc trans for 200 bucks and they said you could switch the insides of the transes to make my dx trans a zc. well this seems like to be the easiest way to fix my problem since i cant find a zc intermediate shaft either. well has anyone done this and how difficult is it? thanks people!!!!!

2. cointelpro

cointelpro Senior Member

uh i didnt know zcs had iM shafts. i always thought the zc tranny would just bolt up and u could use your stock axels.

3. daidilus

daidilus Member

go to junk yard
    find 88-89 integra
    buy IM shaft

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

the ZC intermediate shaft is the only one that will work with the ZC transmission - it is not too hard to swap the ZC gears into the DX, if you are somewhat familiar with working on transmissions - with no knowledge of transmissions, it will be a lot more difficult - with a good manual giving step-by-step instructions, you can figure it out - they usually tell you how to completely disassemble it, but you only need to partially disassemble it - knowing exactly what needs to come out will save a lot of time

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

No. You have to use the ZC intermediate shaft.

6. cavrx

cavrx Senior Member

let me ask this ?. could i just switch the diff outta the dx into the zc and use my stock axles?

7. chrism1829

chrism1829 Getcha Mind Right

hey cavrx...u emailed me about the cars..but your email isnt working..i sent u a pm...

8. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

most ZC's have the large differential bearings and most DX's have the smaller bearings - DX differential will probably not fit in the ZC case - the DX and ZC have the same final drive ratio - you could swap the ZC gears 1 thru 5 (or 4 and keep DX fifth) into the DX case, using the DX countershaft and final drive and keep your DX axles

9. Drenni

Drenni Senior Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: I still confused but I think he's on the right track... :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted