zc trans in dx case

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

ok got a dilema here. i got the sohc zc mated to a dx trans that whines like a siamese cat. I can't seem to find an si trans anywhere around my area so i called noyan motors where i got my motor and they got a zc trans for 200 bucks and they said you could switch the insides of the transes to make my dx trans a zc. well this seems like to be the easiest way to fix my problem since i cant find a zc intermediate shaft either. well has anyone done this and how difficult is it? thanks people!!!!!

uh i didnt know zcs had iM shafts. i always thought the zc tranny would just bolt up and u could use your stock axels.

the ZC intermediate shaft is the only one that will work with the ZC transmission - it is not too hard to swap the ZC gears into the DX, if you are somewhat familiar with working on transmissions - with no knowledge of transmissions, it will be a lot more difficult - with a good manual giving step-by-step instructions, you can figure it out - they usually tell you how to completely disassemble it, but you only need to partially disassemble it - knowing exactly what needs to come out will save a lot of time

Originally posted by cointelpro@Dec 3 2003, 11:44 PM
uh i didnt know zcs had iM shafts. i always thought the zc tranny would just bolt up and u could use your stock axels.

No. You have to use the ZC intermediate shaft.

let me ask this ?. could i just switch the diff outta the dx into the zc and use my stock axles?

hey cavrx...u emailed me about the cars..but your email isnt working..i sent u a pm...

Originally posted by cavrx@Dec 7 2003, 04:22 PM
let me ask this ?. could i just switch the diff outta the dx into the zc and use my stock axles?

most ZC's have the large differential bearings and most DX's have the smaller bearings - DX differential will probably not fit in the ZC case - the DX and ZC have the same final drive ratio - you could swap the ZC gears 1 thru 5 (or 4 and keep DX fifth) into the DX case, using the DX countershaft and final drive and keep your DX axles

Back