Zex Nitrous Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yurik

i have come upon a great deal on a zex nitrous setup, with a 10lb bottle, and purge, and all the needed hardware, it is a dry system with a 75hp jet, and was just curious as to how much this will affect the longjevity of the motor, and exactly what i would need to do to prepair my car for the setup, and maybe just a little bit of general information about why its good and why its bad, besides the really basic things that most everyone knows, also wether nitrous is a good or bad idea, thanks!

(wasnt sure which forum to post this in, so any moderator who knows, just delete my other one, thanks and sorry)

also my motor is a JDM B16A, and i am turboing in april

also id like to probably jet down to a 50 jet, 75 is probably too much imo

Last edited:
If the deal is good enough, get it. BUT make sure you buy the wet upgrade kit for the dry setup. Dry, IMO, sucks. I had one on my VW and it didnt have the punch like my Neon.

+1
get it and go wet.
as for long term effects, there won't be too many problems as long as you only throw a 75 shot at it every once in a while. not too often. and since you plan on turboing the car, it would be a good idea to jet it down.

NOS works well with Turbo. Not a big shot as turbosol stated!!!!

The NOS has a cooling effect on the air charge. Its like a bonus bonus situation :) Make sure you have gauges in that bitch before you try boosting and squeezing at the same time ;)

thanks for the advise guys, im going to purchase it, it is $175 for the full zex kit with a LED lit purge :) and 10 lb bottle

next question would be, how much is it to convert to wet, its not on the zex site and ive been on hold with them now for 15 minutes

i know jets are only like $2 but no idea on the conversion

finally got through, the conversion kit is going to run me $300, which imo is insane and id rather invest that into my turbo setup, the question now is, is the dry setup worth buying for $175 and running it as a dry system, as well as what the gains of switching to wet would be, and what is wrong with dry, thanks for all of your help!

i would just like to inform you guys of a lot of information i have come upon, which makes me want to stick dry and a 50 jet, check it out, tell me what u think, if you guys think a 50 jet dry is safe then ill run it, i think i will be ok with it, imo, just need more opinions, if i need to convert to wideband or obd1 and tune then thats what i gotta do, just tell me what u think after reading this, thanks, and yes this is for domestics, not imports, just found it interesting

LS1TECH - dry vs wet

yeah just stay dry...you can always go wet later...

thats what i thought man, id convert to wet for $100, but $300 is insane, f that man lol u know what i mean

is there any tuning required to run the dry setup? or can i just 50 jet it and do it a couple times per month and be safe?

i ran wet on my civic for 1 1/2 years no probs ran great on a 50 for a long time then on 75 for a while i wouldnt go dry, dry is way hard on your motor make sure you are pushing enough full when you spray. I will let you know i have my kit sold for $250 everything with 25 50 75 100 shots 10 lb bottle lines everything i will let you know if he doesnt come threw if you are interested (nitrous works kit)

ya dude id love that, id pay more for a wet so that works, i would buy it now, just let me know

wet is really the way to go. I have used both and can say from first hand experience that wet>dry.

i started my jurney into the nitrous world with a zex wet kit one you start with the laughie gas you will allways find your self wanting more lol its great

well should i buy this dry setup for $175 or just hold off and look for a deal on a wet setup?

Back