zex wet kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok every one i just got a zex wet kit and i was was wondering how big of a shot i can run safely with out serious harm my mods are I/H/E fuel pressure regulator and the small stuff like plugs and wires thanks for any input

do you know what the stock number of plug is and what should i go down to. Also why just a 50 i know people that run a 75 dry and havent had problems just wondering why 50 not flamin

wooo hoooo thats all i can say. I put in colder ngk's, B&M fuel presure regulator, retarded the timing 6deg, and ran a 75 shot and pulled a 14.64 at 96.27mph

R/t 1.007 ( Pro Street tree timing )
60 2.282
330 6.291
1/8 9.506
mph 76.77
1000 12.301
1/4 14.63
mph 96.27

i pulled the plugs and it actually ran rich the plugs were black so i think im safe what does every one think

its a 97 dx with a d16y7 all stock internals centerforce clutch (which slips when i juice it(got to fix that) ) del sol si trany dc sports 421 header, aerospeed front mount intake, moroso wires, ngk plugs, custom hyper ground, and thats all i can think of right now it is the strongest d motor i have ever owned it ran a 15.4 b4 i juiced it so im looking forwrd to a new act or exedy clutch.

u can run 75's all the time, but u will wreck ur engine very quickly. I have a friend tho has a d16z6, slightly build running 13.6's with a 75 shot, he has gone through 1 engine and 3 trannys in a year. so just be caredful and dont blow urself up

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO LOOSE THE FRONT MOUNT INTAKE FOR? CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH IT? IS THERE SOMETHING BETTER OUT, THAT HE HAS TO GET RID OF IT? I have a front mount intake and I think it makes a big difference, compared to a short ram intake. SO PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND EXPLAIN TO ME AND EVERYONE WHY HE SHOULD GET RID OF IT!!!!!!

Originally posted by hondadriver@Aug 18 2003, 11:13 AM
WHY DOES HE HAVE TO LOOSE THE FRONT MOUNT INTAKE FOR? CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH IT? IS THERE SOMETHING BETTER OUT, THAT HE HAS TO GET RID OF IT? I have a front mount intake and I think it makes a big difference, compared to a short ram intake. SO PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND EXPLAIN TO ME AND EVERYONE WHY HE SHOULD GET RID OF IT!!!!!!

stop typing in caps for one thing, oh and since AEM does happen to be number one on the market right now that should answer your question, that fron mount intake is for show, a real CAI goes into the fender well, that is the best spot for one, the air has a more strait path to the throttle body, with the front mount it gets restricted with all the curves. Longer piping is good, only if it doesnt restrict the airflow. Just cause ur getting COLD air, doesnt mean u get HP, If the cold air has no way to get to the motor, or it heats up before it gets there, then its kinda pointless to have something that does the above. Look at dyno charts, unless u have experienced every type of intake dont be dissing, the ass-dyno doesnt count.

oh, forgot to say, good choice on the wet kit, much safer than having free flowing nitrous floating around in your motor. hehe

Why is he tearing up motors/tranys. I have friends that run 75 all the time like 10 runs a week for over a year and a half. You just need to get the fuel you need and be easy on the trany second gear syncros are the first to go. I know a kid that runs 85 on his caviler and has for 2 years (if a gm motor can do surley a honda motor can)i think its all in the user

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Aug 18 2003, 11:37 AM
oh, forgot to say, good choice on the wet kit, much safer than having free flowing nitrous floating around in your motor. hehe

The term "dry kit" and "wet kit" are VERY misunderstood. Just because it says "dry" doesnt mean that there is no extra fuel being added, it just means that the Nitrous goes into the manifold all by its lonesome. The extra fuel is added by the injectors instead of by a stream of fuel/nitrous at the intake tract. Nitrous Systems explained This site was posted here a long time ago and i found it very informative, enjoy.

Originally posted by 97hatch@Aug 18 2003, 06:41 PM
You just need to get the fuel you need

Exactly. There are a lot of fucktards out there that go and buy the biggest dry kit of NAAAAWWWWZZZZZZ they can find, dont touch the fuel or ignition and run the biggest shot they can. Then they wonder why they just fucked their engine. Fuel is key.

yes i know i will burn up rings and stuff but in general it is in the way you tune it if you just slap on a kit and go you are looking for problems. hince my precautions (colder plugs, fuel pressure regulator, 6deg retard,) and ive now ordered a set of accell 260cc injedtors and a walbro fuel pump

Originally posted by TypeRcivic+Aug 18 2003, 06:51 PM-->
@Aug 18 2003, 11:37 AM

The term "dry kit" and "wet kit" are VERY misunderstood. Just because it says "dry" doesnt mean that there is no extra fuel being added, it just means that the Nitrous goes into the manifold all by its lonesome. The extra fuel is added by the injectors instead of by a stream of fuel/nitrous at the intake tract. Nitrous Systems explained This site was posted here a long time ago and i found it very informative, enjoy.

Thats what I was pointing out, wet kits are safer because they fuel and nitrous are injected at the same time and at the right amounts, with a dry kit your injectors have to compensate and most of the time they cant because when people buy a out-of-the-box ZEX dry kit, they bolt it into there intake, fill the bottle and go. Itll only last so long that way, my freind did that with his f22b1 in his Accord before he got the h22. He got about 16 bottles out of it before it went BOOM. No matter what you do nitrous is not good for your motor.

Originally posted by 97hatch@Aug 18 2003, 10:31 PM
my precautions (colder plugs, fuel pressure regulator, 6deg retard,)

you have to understand that fuel pressure is not fuel volume though. most people dont get that.

Back