10 most stolen cars for 2009

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E_SolSi

Member of the 20 nut club
VIP
No. 10: 2002 Ford Explorer
--11,783 total Explorers stolen nationwide
--Second-most stolen vehicle in Alaska
--Third-most stolen vehicle in South Carolina and Vermont

No. 9: 1999 Ford Taurus
--11,958 total Taurus cars stolen nationwide
--Second-most stolen vehicle in Indiana and Iowa
--Third-most stolen vehicle in South Dakota and West Virginia

No. 8: 1994 Acura Integra
--12,024 total Integras stolen nationwide
--Third-most stolen vehicle in Connecticut, Hawaii, Minnesota and Utah

No. 7: 1996 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
--14,350 total Cherokees stolen nationwide
--Second-most stolen vehicle in Maine, Missouri and Montana
--Third-most stolen vehicle in Colorado, Delaware, D.C., Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio and Virginia

No. 6: 2000 Dodge Caravan
--15,555 total Caravans stolen nationwide
--Most stolen vehicle in the District of Columbia, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin
--Second-most stolen vehicle in Illinois, Maryland, Missouri,
--Third-most stolen vehicle in New Jersey and New York

No. 5: 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup
--17,405 total Rams stolen nationwide
--Most stolen vehicle in Arizona, Idaho, Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas and Wyoming
--Second-most stolen vehicle in Oklahoma
--Third-most stolen vehicle in Kansas and Montana

No. 4: 1997 Ford F-150 Pickup
--17,416 total F-150s stolen nationwide
--Most stolen vehicle in Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee and West Virginia
--Second-most stolen vehicle in Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, South Carolina and Texas
--Third-most stolen vehicle in Alabama, Georgia, Indiana and New Mexico

No. 3: 1989 Toyota Camry
--26,245 total Camrys stolen nationwide
--Most stolen vehicle in Kentucky
--Third-most stolen vehicle in California, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Washington

No. 2: 1995 Honda Civic
--48,073 total Civics stolen nationwide
--Most stolen vehicle in Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Utah,
--Second-most stolen vehicle in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia and Washington
--Third-most stolen vehicle in Arizona, Maryland, Rhode Island and Texas

No. 1: 1994 Honda Accord
--55,170 total Accords stolen nationwide
--Most stolen vehicle in Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Kansas, Maryland, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington
--Second-most stolen vehicle in Arizona, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee, Utah and Wisconsin
--Third-most stolen vehicle in Louisiana and Oklahoma

i just want to say congratulations to Honda/Acura, who with their 3 showings on the list, managed to have more cars stolen nationwide than the rest of the list combined.

:thumbsup:

sucks..we just caught a thief over on ctv..he had stolen a members car and then put the si wheels up for $200./.they got vid. of him being arrested.and found 4 stolen civic hatches with him..i love honda but i would love to get into something that isnt to stolen..

i think there are 2 different lists. the number stolen list and the % of cars in that model that get stolen.

i think the % stolen list goes something like
escalade
94 teg
95 teg
99 teg
Camry

or something. they are interesting to compare.

i think there are 2 different lists. the number stolen list and the % of cars in that model that get stolen.

i think the % stolen list goes something like
escalade
94 teg
95 teg
99 teg
Camry

or something. they are interesting to compare.

I was just going to say this list needs to be a percentage of made vs stolen.

I also didn't think that there would be any of those late 80's early 90's Camrys left to steal. That model has made the list every year that I can remember, there can't be any left ;x.

here is it. it's actually rated on claims per 1,000 cars. so basically a percentage. i knew i saw something like this.

10.) Honda S2000 Convertible: 8.1/$13,624
9.) 2005-2007 Dodge Durango: 8.1/$9,682
8.) 2005-2007 Hummer H2: 8.7/$18,791
7.) 2005-2007 Dodge Magnum: 9.9/$8,926
6.) 2005-2007 Hummer H2 SUT: 10.0/$23,771
5.) 2005-2007 Ford F-350 SuperCrew: 10.7/$20,138
4.) 2006-2007 Dodge Charger: 11/$7,047
3.) 2007 Cadillac Escalade: 11.3/$14,657
2.) 2005-2007 Ford F-250 SuperCrew: 13.1/$19,250
1.) 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV: 15.0/$13,060

i just want to say congratulations to Honda/Acura, who with their 3 showings on the list, managed to have more cars stolen nationwide than the rest of the list combined.

:thumbsup:

IF the customer loves the car, and its stolen, it will be replaced. Thats probably 40k replacement hondas that were purchaced thru some means. . . .

you're right. there are just 2 different lists.

1) the most cars stolen total (higher number of cars produced=more cars stolen. hence the hondas, toyotas, and fords)

2)number per 1000 vehicles stolen (% of cars on the road that are stolen. more rare vehicle wont get as high of a total stolen, but could have a higher % of cars on the road taht are stolen.)

ahhh i get it

Back