1985 CRX HF: Should I rebuild Carburetor or Hondabond Rubber Insulator?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lol soo the trade off is part availability with a little more performance, or try and find a rebuild kit thats been discontinued ... also most people get hf's because its whats available at the time, also like I stated its NOT going to noticeably affect mpgs , but you already stated you dont have knowlege about carbs soo idk why im even bothering

Also wtf are we arguing before... if you have vac leaks and a worn out carb you arent getting the oe mpgs lol the 32/36 would be a improvement heavily and ive got one on my 79 1200 civic, super user friendly

maybe due to the 50 vacuum lines connected to it.

i remember, back in 2001 when i had two of these... ugh. the idle issues.
Being able to kill 50 vac lines and just run one to the vac advance is like the biggest whammy bonus in swapping carbs, dude I owned a 85hf , vac lines like a bowl of noodles dumper on the engine , carb has like 50, airbox has another 10, take that carb and throw it in the trashhhh

i did too man. pruning the carb was the best and worst thing for my old crx. it had a little more pep but the idle issues... ugh.

See attaced

Attachments

• Air_Fuel Mixture _Adjustments.pdf
    603.7 KB · Views: 380
  • Carburetor Float _Adjustments.pdf
    457.7 KB · Views: 386

Attachments

• Carburetor _Description and Operation, Components.pdf
    958.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Altitude Compensator _Description and Operation, Components_ Air Jet Controller.pdf
    141.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Deceleration Valve _Description and Operation, Components_ Throttle Closer System.pdf
    357.1 KB · Views: 345
  • Carburetor Solenoid _Description and Operation,.pdf
    126.7 KB · Views: 364
Back