1995 Accord LX 2.2L automatic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonytone9122

My sister called me saying that she just got a new car and asked if I can fix her 95 lx just in case she needs it. Also for my nephew's birthday gift to drive around. Of course I said no problem I can do the labor for free as a gift its not like its been just sitting this was her daily driver and she told me that she brings it to a shop often. But to my surprise the moment it fires up I noticed a loud noise from the bay and as I was driving the d4 light was flashing then the speed gauge was going crazy and finally the transmission started up and down shifting. I don't know what to do she doesn't want to get rid of it for sentimental reasons (first car) and her son wants more power but she can't drive stick a manual is out of the question. So how can I get them both what they want? Im at a lost on what to do

Thanks but I got it open one of the rod caps snapped that was the noise and the shop she was taking it to didn't bother to put fluid in so the transmission just jammed up so its trash now. On the bright side I got it early and there's no permanent damage on the cylinder walls the guys at the machine shop said it's a almost a perfect block. I have a f22b head and cpu so I'm thinking of slapping a turbo on it and finding a stronger transmission that will fit so if anyone has any ideas LMK thanks

Thanks but I got it open one of the rod caps snapped that was the noise and the shop she was taking it to didn't bother to put fluid in so the transmission just jammed up so its trash now. On the bright side I got it early and there's no permanent damage on the cylinder walls the guys at the machine shop said it's a almost a perfect block. I have a f22b head and cpu so I'm thinking of slapping a turbo on it and finding a stronger transmission that will fit so if anyone has any ideas LMK thanks
there is not a automatic honda transmission from 80s-00s that will take any amount of boost long , if interested in making power swap it , IMO find another used motor/trans and keep it rolling and save the $$$ for a more performance oriented chassis

also IMO it wouldnt be a shops fault on transmission , literally not a single component that holds fluid is made to consume any, if it was empty... it leaked out lol

She goes to the same shop every time and she has the service paperwork so you mean to tell me out of all the times she brought the car in. (22 times in last 3 years) they didn't think to change it let alone look at it to the point of it jamming up. The first thing I do is look for any leaks and change fluids when working on any machine especially if my shop has been the one thats been doing all the services. Also I'm not trying put 15 to 20psi just to give it some more kick with what I got around the shop.l love my nephew and all but his mother will kill me if I make it to fast a she was against me making it faster from the beginning. I was thinking h22 all day because I have the block(56490 miles), head cover, crankshaft, pistons, and most of its components but I need the cylinder head, intake, exhaust, cpu, and throttle body. Thanks for the advice maby seeing this will make her pull the trigger.

She goes to the same shop every time and she has the service paperwork so you mean to tell me out of all the times she brought the car in. (22 times in last 3 years) they didn't think to change it let alone look at it to the point of it jamming up. The first thing I do is look for any leaks and change fluids when working on any machine especially if my shop has been the one thats been doing all the services. Also I'm not trying put 15 to 20psi just to give it some more kick with what I got around the shop.l love my nephew and all but his mother will kill me if I make it to fast a she was against me making it faster from the beginning. I was thinking h22 all day because I have the block(56490 miles), head cover, crankshaft, pistons, and most of its components but I need the cylinder head, intake, exhaust, cpu, and throttle body. Thanks for the advice maby seeing this will make her pull the trigger.
boost it

Last edited:
Back