1995 Honda Civic LX - likely blown head gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EastCincy

Just found out my 95 Honda Civic has severe engine problems. Can't find a replacement engine in local salvage. Planning on selling the vehicle.

Have one local interested buyer that I haven't called yet. Have a couple of salvage yards coming to look at it tomorrow. Found this site searching the 'net.

As mentioned above, the car is a '95 Honda Civic - dark gray (looks black to me, but the car said gray when I bought it new).

I'm located in the east side of Cincinnati, Ohio.

I'm not sure what interest there will be, if any, but found this forum and thought I might as well give it a shot. Probably going to decide what to do in the next day or two. Here's a few pieces of info that is accurate to the best of my recollection (car is at local mechanic's shop):
  • 4 door
  • Approx. 130,000 miles
  • 5 speed manual transmission
  • Very little surface rust, no holes that I'm aware of
  • Never been in any sort of wreck
  • Some minor hail indentations on the top of the car
  • Interior is fine for an 11 year old car. No holes in seats, no cracks in dash, "ceiling" intact etc. Just normal wear.
  • Dual air bags
  • Anti-lock brakes
  • AC
  • cruise, tilt, power windows/locks, etc. Driver side rear window motor has burned out awhile ago but otherwise everything functions well.
  • AM/FM stereo w/ cassette - antenna issues, but I think the stereo is fine.
  • Front windshield has 1 nick, about eye-level of driver - been there for years and has not cracked
  • Front hood is misaligned a bit (never been wrecked! - probably maintenance shut the hood with something in the way one time - wish I had noticed it right after the maintenance!)
  • Trunk has allowed some water (bad seal?) - the hardboard cover over the spare has warped but to my knowledge there is no damage to the body - haven't checked it recently)
  • Garage kept - always in the winter and the majority of the time year 'round.
I apologize if the info above is inappropriate. If there is interest or questions, pleast post a response or email me at EastCincyDad@hotmail.com

Quoted post[/post]]
$500?

My apologies to all. Likely not selling. Limped home from the mechanics, smoking the entire way. Washed it up (neighbor thought I already bought a new car when he first saw it) and not ready to let it go. Planning to buy another vehicle and then looking for a replacement engine...

Back