2001 crv auto transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Clark Wilcox

Hi, got a new and bigger problem. Forget the a/c for now, trans completely gone: won't move in any gear. I'm looking for a rebuilt trans but can't find any online, mine has SDLA on the sticker. Can't find any reference on Google either. Anyone know which model trans I'm looking for? Its a 2001 CRV lx 2wd with auto trans. Let me know. Thanks, Clark

I'm thinking any automatic B series transmission? Can't say for sure, but the manual swaps on the 2wd CRVs have been fine with straight Integra transmission donors. Can you find a CRV in a junkyard and pull the automatic?

Found a rebuilder in so.cal. $1600.00 for rebuilt with warranty. What a PIA to get that trans out! Finally got it after about 6 hours. Thought I didn't need to drop the axel's: wrong!! You can do it by popping the lower control arms loose and pulling the axels back, however the drivers side has a intermediate shaft that un-bolts and has to come out also. Thanks, Clark

Found a rebuilder in so.cal. $1600.00 for rebuilt with warranty. What a PIA to get that trans out! Finally got it after about 6 hours. Thought I didn't need to drop the axel's: wrong!! You can do it by popping the lower control arms loose and pulling the axels back, however the drivers side has a intermediate shaft that un-bolts and has to come out also. Thanks, Clark

Wow, $$$! But at least you get a new/fresh transmission.

Back