4WD automatic convert to 4WD manual ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
since F and H series transmission are interchageable bolt for bolt for the H and F series motor, however there are some variants of accord which only happen to have 4WD in automatic only(7 position electronic control 4 speed automatic). i know that the diffrential in the 4WD is "integrated" with the auto-tranny part which is pretty hard to mess with.

However, here is the case. a 94-96 JDM E-CD8 chassis with stock H22A, i am wondering.....

1)Is it possible to mod the 1997 E-CF5 accord 2.0VTS 4WD transmission (F20B) into a 5MT manual without sacrifying the 4WD capability with the drive shafts and rear differential as on E-CF5?
If it is possible, what chassis mod needed to be done ? what parts do i need ? how much $$ roughly it gonna cost ?

2)How much torque & rpm does the transmission + drivetrain can take ? can it take up to 45kgm (roughly 325lbft) and max rpm as in H22A roughly 7250 - 7500rpm (as i plan to run in 9.0:1 CR with 14.5psi boost with proper fuel feed and engine mod)

In short, i want a E-CD8 accord coupe with the CF5's 4WD in MANUAL mode that can withstand 300lbft of flywheel torque and 7250-7500 engine rpm.

A feasibility study..... any idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back