96 Ls B18B heating problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tink26

Im in the process of builing my integra got the paint and body and interior all perfect. i bought the car off a guy I knew who had built it. He bought the car all taken apart and put it back together with forged pistons and high compression rods on the bottum end i am running a dc header and magnaflow exhaust the head has had no work just cleaned up and put back on with a new stock intake manifold and a cold air intake. i have two fans with new wiring into stock harness that refuse to come on at all my temperature gauge spikes before i can make it a half a mile i am getting no coolant circulation throughout the block with a new water pump and a new thermostat. it runs fine without the thermostat and when it starts getting hot it starts to miss and it also looses vitrually all power to even pull out in first gear. any idea what has my coolant not circulating or my fans not kicking on via the relay when its supposedly getting hot? Im kind of thinking im having a timing problem and its throwing my computer off making me loose power but idk about the no coolant circulating. Please help i just put 3 grand into the car after trading a dirtbike for it... virtually got an expensive lawn ornament while im driving a tore down truck my dad let me borrow..

Get a Helm's manual for your Integra. Multimeter too. They will have trouble shooting for the fan not coming on and/or the thermo not opening up. I seriously doubt it's just a new thermo needed (they are suppose to stick wide open when they go bad)

You say a lot (in one big ass paragraph) but you state that it 'runs fine' with the thermo removed. I will assume this means the coolant circulates...so water pump should be fine.

Losing power scares me :eek: I don't know how hot you ran it

EDIT:

Any engine codes?

Some unknown 'chipped' ECU or a virgin P75?

Last edited:
Yea i put a new water pump on it and i didnt get it real hot trust me haha after i saw the gauge shoot up i turned it off and i got juice to the fan relays i checked it with a meter and into the fans idk why they aint cutting on but as far as coolant not circulating throught the head i just bought a new head off a guy on here that has been worked and cammed up and all after i install it and time it and all i will post again on how it works. thank ya

.......one more time

Any engine codes?

Good luck and I hope the head purchase fixes it....throwing parts at a car can be financially fatal

Back