99 Civic auto to manual plus 2001 GSR swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alEXej8

Need your help HS: I've been searching and searching all across the web. Every honda web site, google, and beyond. I've read all of your FAQ's on swapping B-series into civic's as well as countless other FAQ's on other sites aswell. Everyone of them have helped but i still have a few more questions that have gone unanswered.

Here's the details:
The Car:
1999 Honada Civic Ex
its an Automatic
The Motor:
B18c1
came our of a 2001 GS-R that was wrecked in the front. (got totaled)

I'm doing a swap with an auto to manual conversion.

1. The 2001 ecu has an immobilizer in it, If i carry the GSR key with me will i need to disable the immobilizer so it can start? (I'm asking this becasue i assum the GSR key has a chip it it.) Reason i'm asking is because i would like to pass inspection and in my state is all throught the OBD-2 port. so the check engine light can't be on.

2. The 2001 GSR distributor plug. (the large 10-pin one). My civic has the smaller plug with i think 7 wires . How would i go about converting one to the other? Neither of the wires are the same colors so i can't just depin them and match them up.

I think thats it for now. These are the only few things that are keeping my from finishing the swap. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

-Alex

Back