A BLEEP is scary!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nootrac22

VIP
Samuel L. Jackson: I Voted for Obama Because He's Black

In a new interview with Ebony, actor Samuel L. Jackson said that he voted for President Barack Obama only because he is black.

"I voted for Barack because he was black," Jackson confessed. "Cause that's why other folks vote for other people -- because they look like them. That's American politics, pure and simple. Obama's message didn't mean sh-- to me."

The 63-year-old highest-grossing actor of all time also talked about his mixed feelings about the president's first term: "I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do. I know politicians say sh--; they lie because they want to get elected."

Jackson also dropped an n-word-laden rant as he began to talk about Americans' lack of comfort with having a "n--er" in the White House and how Obama isn't a scary one, which helps him:

“When it comes down to it, they wouldn’t have elected a [bleep]. Because, what’s a [bleep]? A [bleep] is scary. Obama ain’t scary at all. [Bleeps] don’t have beers at the White House. [Bleeps] don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A [bleep] would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the [bleep] said that?’ I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, ’cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.â€

Jackson is a public figure who attended an Obama fundraiser last month. During an election year, the last thing you want to do is give Republicans or Fox News any material to fan the flames of outrage. But the root of what Jackson said is something we can't disagree with. While we vote based on what works best for our own personal interests, many in this country of all colors vote for people based on their ethnicity or who they like. Many white Americans didn't vote for Obama in 2008, not because his policies didn't benefit them but because he is black.

But while we can respect honesty, we wish Jackson had kept quiet on this one because what he revealed to Ebony wasn't necessarily groundbreaking but could be inflammatory.

any thoughts?

He's right. People vote for politicians for the dumbest reasons. But Obama is just proof that a politician of any color will bend you over and not keep a single promise.

I heard on one of the political radio shows when Cain was in the race, that being a black republican is a big fu to your race. Black callers were saying that they were harassed or exiled for not liking Obama.

the brotha is "keeping it real" :lol:

I like samual Jackson mostly because if this. He's a big public figure who can say what he means and even though some may hate it their still gonna go watch his movies. :p

images

wait.... same jackson is the highest grossing actor EVER? REALLY? i mean, yeah, he's had some good roles... but has he really beat out the big names like tom hanks or brad pitt or harrison ford or even morgan freeman? dicraprio has to have this beat in sheer volume.

Look at the number of films he's been in compared to the people you mention. The dude is constantly making movies.

ok, you want qty, then let's talk.... john wayne? clint eastwood?
betty white?! she's been starring in shit since the 20s!

I don't think they adjust the gross for inflation. Betty white probably made 5 dollars a movie, and that was good pay.

ah, that;s more logical.
still, i'd guess it to be someone else, like harrison ford (star wars, plus all the modern stuff).

if only leo was in lord of the rings... heh

Back