A few questions and I can't find what I'm looking for.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TheManRSW

TheManRSW
Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I can't find a solid answer anywhere. Some people are saying "stock is fine", "you need this", "you can't do that", etc.
I am rebuilding the top end and a few other things on a jdm b16 SiRII. I have all the parts I want and have started to purchase, but I can't find a solid answer on the fuel system. Some say stock injectors/pump will do fine, others say it'll peak them.

Mods-
CTR pistons (roughly 11:1 compression)
Crower stage 2 cams
Crower valve springs and retainers
Skunk2 pro series intake (68mm)
Blox 68mm throttle body
Megan Racing 4-1 header (2.25 collector)
Test pipe
Catback exhaust (2.25 piping)
AEM cold air intake
Will be professionally tuned before running.

My concerns are with the fuel delivery system. Will the stock injectors and fuel pump be able to keep up? Should I go to a 310cc injector? Will the fuel pump maintain pressure? Is a fuel pressure regulator really necessary? Do I need a high volume fuel rail?
In my opinion (I work on cars for a living-dealership), I would think stock would suffice, but I've also never really "built" an engine. I'm not looking for huge hp gains by any means, but I'm hoping to hit in the 175-180 whp ballpark. I would assume the stock fuel system could maintain this, but again...I'm not sure.

Any knowledgeable help would be greatly appreciated and/or if anyone running this setup/similar setup could chime in, it would be great.

Sorry for the long read-thanks in advance

Ok, so I guess no one has this setup. In any case, from doing some calculations and talking with Crower, IL4, and using the RC website-Walbro 255 pump, AEM high volume fuel rail, AEM fuel pressure regulator (set to 50psi), and RC 370cc injectors seems to be the best setup. Hopefully this information may help someone at a later date. This also will allow a small amount of additions, if need/want be.

Back