A little house update

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
So, we moved in Aug. 1st..house was still a mess, most of the painting still needed to be done, there were no appliances, not much storage, carpet was a mess...

since then, we've:

1. re-carpeted and painted downstairs living room and combined with old dining room (to make a bigger living room)

2. re-carpeted stairway and all upstairs bedrooms and closets

3. knocked down 1 wall upstairs to combine 2 bedrooms into 1...so now instead of a 3 bedroom its a 2 (1 master, 1 spare)...still has to be primed and painted so we're living in the spare bedroom for now

4. COMPLETELY fenced in the yard (352' of stockade, 98' of black rubber coated chain link, (2) 6' driveway gates, (1) 4' gate in the rear (for yard debris)

5. New appliances (stove, microwave, fridge)...dishwasher was existing

6. re-painted kitchen

7. re-painted bathroom and added new shower fixtures

8. re-painted spare bedroom

-still to do:
prime/paint master bedroom
paint new dining room (old office or something on the back of the house)
pickup new lawn mower (on order, should get it next week sometime..Club Cadet 0 turn ride-on)
backfill/loam some high spots along the fence
roof on front porch
garage...lots to do in there

couple pics:

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

100_0275.jpg

and the house before the new fence/we moved in:

house1.jpg

house2.jpg

oh, and I picked this little gem up as well :ph34r:

Picture003.jpg

don't know...I've had it for 2 weeks

I got it from a junkyard (thanks to a tip from my old boss)...

the story with it was some kid from a nice suburban town owned it, left it unlocked in the driveway and had the (aftermarket) seats and radio stolen out of it...got pissed and junked it

runs and drives, weird setup though...I get the feeling someone built a nice car and sold it to a ricer

it has 11" corrado brakes, tokico blues w/H&R springs, aftermarket rear sway bar, DC header, but it also had a nasty CF hood (with a big vent), chrome projectors, and all ebay clear corner/bumper lights...

theres a stock A6 in it, but looks thrown in...I'm sure there was a swap in there at one point
-I've already thrown a set of (mint) stock 90-91 Si seats and an OEM hood on it

basically, it was a cheap 91 black Si so I couldn't NOT buy it

Last edited:
congrats on the house, and just so you know.....the work will never end.

Paint the shutters a darker color, white/white looks odd with a light blue house.

Interested to see what you do with the garage. Looks like a nice area in RI though.

ORLY.

My bad, I was under the impression that you still lived in RI for some reason. Regardless, nice house - and the garage has the potential to be a badass workshop.

Lookin' good. I'm sure you had a blast putting that fence up. I fenced our 4 acre pasture in 2 south FL summer days. Ugh.

Between the cutlery and appliances there is almost enough brushed aluminum to perform freelance autopsies.

Back