Alright...Toyota/AFM equipped guys....AFC info needed

• Thread starter Thread starter hosmer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 973

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
Alright, I'm swapping a 20V 4AGE into my FX16

I know the stock ECU is very conservitive in the A/F department...and they don't make chips for this thing

Do you think/know if I can just run an AFC and call it a day (I believe I could also run the ITB's w/just velocity stacks as well w/the AFC)?

-I don't feel like dropping $1500 on an EMS

HOnestly i dont know. But my guess is yes, you can. Doesnt the afc fuck with the a/r and things? if so, theoretically im sure you could. open itbs? no clue.

FJO Racing Products - 341B Engine Management System $1300 ish EMS

MegaSquirt - Electronic Fuel Injection Computer by Bowling & Grippo * * ©2005 what your level of ingenuity is...

Haltech Engine Management Systems You can find these on Ebay for $700ish

if you do the AFC, then your going to have to play around with the o2 sensor bung (get the sparkplug adapter) and hope it doesn't carbon up.... and also, do all this after you get the car emmissioned..run it stock and hope it passes if you need it to pass.

yeah, I was looking at the Megasquirt system...about $400 for the MS2 which isn't bad but I'd have to figure out all my own maps (I can't find anyone with basemaps) and from I've heard the 20v's ping pretty easy.

I just want to advance the timing a little and add some fuel....see what I can get out of it and keep in N/A. They don't make shit for this motor, I can't even find a decent header

Also, anyone used the MSD ignition timing controllers?...The Apexi ITC's are long gone and I don't know who else makes anything like that

thanks for the links and stuff guys

I have a larger AFM on hand from the 22RE. Plug and play. Also I know the AFM well enough to get it to register whatever you want the ECU to see.

Lemme know.

Back