Any Ideas For My Honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AcCoRd101

I Have a 1986 Honda Accord LXi HatchBack, I just got it and im still learning on cars but I know some of the basics. I have put in a New Fuel Pump, New Spark Plugs and Cables, New Fuel Filter, New Air Filter, New Fuel Injectors, New Pressure Regulator, Couple Other Things, I was just wandering if anyone had any ideas that make my car peform better, any ideas that you did to your cars that would help mine peform better, Exaust, Boost, Ect... Anything. Please leave me some Support Thanks.

my best possible advise for you is do not dump a lot of money into that car...

use it as a dailt driver and be content with it

save your pennies for a newer chassis with a blown motor, and then do a motor swap...

something i have always wanted to do but its rather pointless because of minimal gains... i always wanted to drop an early prelude motor into an early accord... don't ask me why, just something i daydream about... :shrug2:

turbo it if its a 5 speed...the autos are very weak.

I'm thinking of turboing my prelude after I finish up the LST civic.

fixing up the motor is great, and wanting to turbo and what not, but i tell you from experience, do your handling suspension work first before you get the power.(e.i. springs, shocks, or coilovers, wheels, tires, and so on) you want a car to be able to grip and handle the power that your eventually going to have with turbo, or swap. good luck

I agree..

My civic handles like garbage. I wouldn't trust it after 80-90 mph until I do some suspension upgrades.

The 1986 Accord is practically the same car as the 1st gen teg, and I am 99% sure you could stuff an old Prelude B20A in there....Check this out.

I got a great idea sell that piece o shit. To old wouldnt fuck with it get something a lil bit newer to swap,boost,or build n/a.

another idea DONT PUT A b20a(x) into anything ever.
That motor makes way more trouble than anything else.
I have personally saw 7 fall victim to either:
Timing belt problems
Connecting Rod issues
I had an 89 prelude,and i loved it, but all 3 motors were complete money/time/work/sweat/blood/tears pits.

Before i came to this site i really thought nothing was better than putting an H22 into a 92 prelude...but im starting to come around to reality, and now i believe (although i knew it because of the weight of the cars) a B18 swap into a civic or CRX is probably the best honda swap around. The early 90s models arent that expensive either. Im sure if you sold your accord you could find either car, and have some fun moddin.

Back