anyone ever seen painted rain guards?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
this is a post regarding my ex's 2004 civic ex

well, she wants to get a new front grill cause she thinks the black plastic one looks like shit, so i support that change....

but she also wants rain guards cause she has light beige interior and she says when she smokes butts the dirty rain water comes in her window, so i told her i would rip those pieces of shit off if she got them...

but i was thinking, what if we painted them to match the car, i have never seen it done so whats your thoughts on that idea?
and if they looked decent then i would get her the sunroof wind guard and also paint that to match the car...

anyone ever seen rain guards painted? sounds geigh, i know, but she isn't gonna back down on her idea, so i need to find a way to make it acceptable

and she wanted to get fuckin muds flaps, just so you guys know what kind of tard cart i'm dealing with here, and you wonder why i dumped her
lmao

ive seen the rainguards painted to match the car and it looks like SHIT
just leave them the regular tinted color that they are, it will look fine (just dont get the 1992 style huge ass ghetto ones)

hmmm... thats rather disappointing...

was it a decent paint job, and it still looked like shit? or did the paint job look like shit...?

any other opinions?

it was a decent paint job the color matched the car exactly... or at least really close...ive seen this done a few times with a few different colors
it just doesnt look good
it does look better when the car is a dark color to begin with... but it still doesnt really look that good

what color is her car

lol

well, i guess when you post stupid questions you're bound to get stupid answers lol

Why do you care what HER car looks like? If she has to get them, just leave them alone.

I was trying to find the pic of that kid with the fork in the outlet, with the caption "Somehow I don't think you have thought your cunning plan all the way through"...Eric, help me out. I thought you had it saved, but I couldnt find it in gallery.

the real question is why do you care that i care?????

if you're not gonna help me then why waste your time posting and my time reading your bullshit post?

i was just asking what people thought

Why are you getting all pissy over it? Sounds like a stalker in the making...and I did give an opinion. Don't start with me, kid.

hahhaha

chill B, i;m just messing with you

and the stalker would be her dude, not me

the reaosn i care is cause she's finally getting into honda's, so i'm trying to give her pointers and encourage her
we were friends for 3 year, tried a relationship, lived together for a year, and it was horrible, so now we're just friends agian

I know you can paint them, but I agree with E.

The hood guards in my opinion look ok painted tho. The rain guards come in a few finishes. A buddy has the carbon fiber looking ones, they're pretty cool. Also, I've seen really dark ones, and kinda smoky looking ones. I have the smoky ones for my car. I think all three would look fine on a dark blue.

ive seen those huge ones on the old trackers painted like silver on sea foam green and other odd color combo but never the same as the car . i was planin on doing it to my red hatch but if she does it post pics

I think they take away from the look of the automobile as they are when new !! I am painting mine white although someone just told me the smoked ones will not hold the paint !! God bless !!!

I know you can paint them, but I agree with E.

The hood guards in my opinion look ok painted tho. The rain guards come in a few finishes. A buddy has the carbon fiber looking ones, they're pretty cool. Also, I've seen really dark ones, and kinda smoky looking ones. I have the smoky ones for my car. I think all three would look fine on a dark blue.

I agree with you !! The smoke ones I was told will not hold the paint !! God bless !!

Back