art imitates life: NFS Underground 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
I was bored so I dialed this up on the modbox last night and something occurred to me.

I'm about 10% through the game in my S13 240SX. While I've only unlocked the most modest of aftermarket performance (really just bolts on's), I have all kinds of stupid ricer body mods available.

So I buy everything I can and here I am

CAI, Header, Exhaust, Small NOS kit

and

18" chrome spinners, "custom" (which is apperently ricer for something which looks dumb as fuck) hood, projector light kit front and back, roof scoop (I'm not even sure what that does), big ass wing, full Body kit, tinted windows, and who could forget, ground lights.

now I'm driving around this city ignoring all manner of traffic law, speeding in a car that isn't really that fast, trying to race other shitty looking modded cars, and last but not least, slamming into pedestrian vehicles from a combination of the beer I'm drinking, the fact it's raining in the game, and the aforementioned reckless driving.

then it hit me

this is the most realistic Tuner game ever made

your thoughts?

i agree. ever notice that the only people who really try to rev on/race you are the ones in the biggest piles of donkey doo while the real daily driver 'racer' cars are the ones who don't fuck around? they wait till the weekend, or going to an event to race rather than play freeway hokey pokey.

but, yes... you're correct... and i loved the story...

most wanted is the best

i wonder if the guys at ea games decided when they were making the first underground...now do they want something all ricers will enjoy and buy multiple copies or something that resembles real racing?

What about carbon??

that rocks too lol

Most wanted and carbon got boring fast. NSFU2 was tight I thought, and I don't even like video games. It has to really capture my attention to continue to play it more than one time.

Guitarhero is better though.

NFSU2 was probably the best. I played it through 2 times for fun. Most wanted was retarded, rubber band opponents make the game impossible.

i've only played the first one on gamecube (best controller for that game) and ps2. It was alright, drifting was stupid easy... kind of killed the game. The drag race was dumb because you move by just switching lanes and it keeps you going straight... Me and a friend beat it in a week.

I LOVED the original need for speeds, thats where its at.

Back