B18C1 CRX si, need a little help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hey ive posted this on h-t as well but ill put it here as well just incase someone here might know.

so a little background for those who dont know. about a year ago i bought a CRX with a b18c1 already installed. the car ran fine except there were some problems with the brakes and there was a high idle problem. since ive had the car, ive fixed most all of the problems ive encountered and some new ones as well. the engine is a 94, and was running on a obd1 p72 ecu it appears that the crx harness has been used and modified to use an obd1 connector on the ecu end and on the engine end, some parts of the harness was modified to work with the engines obd1 components and some parts of the engine, like the distributor, to work with the harness. now about a month ago i had the car stolen while i was out for just a few hours. they stole the usual, rims/tires, system, etc. i was lucky enough to have the car returned with the engine and suspension components intact. but the did steal my distributor for some odd reason.

the distributor that was on the engine was an obd1 distributor, but it had the obd0 plugs on it, to hook up to the crx harness i assume. now ive bought a distributor, but i bought an obd0 b16 distributor so i could plug it right in. now i know it will physically bolt to the head, but is there any differences in the way it works? will the fact that its obd0 mess anything up? for the most part, as far as i know, the car is running on obd1 components, injectors, etc. and im jus wondering if i will have any trouble getting it started.

also another thing that i've wondering is if it would be possible to use an obd1 gsr harness for this type of thing. and use ALL obd1 components. to me this seems possible as all the harness does is connect the sensors to the ecu. could i do this using both halves of the harness? has it been done?

and one last thing that is irrelevant but i would like answered as well. i was running a cable LS transmission. this obviously does not have a vss sensor, not an electrical one at least. it carries the "signal" from the tranny to the speedo through a cable that spins. now doesnt the ecu require a signal from vss for the engine to run properly? the engine ran perfectly, vtec right at 4400 rpms, and secondaries at ~5800 rpms. why wasnt i throwing a code?

i do apologize for the lengthy post, and if someone or multiple people could answer these questions i would greatly appreciate it. thank you and have a nice day :) .

Back