B18C5 longblock swap '00 EX Coupe 5speed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dealinaz

I recently purchased a B18C5 longblock from my friend at work. Im planning on putting it in my 2000 EX Coupe MT as soon as i get back from deployment in Afghanistan. I've been told that all i need for this swap is motor mounts, shift linkage, and a good transmission (like a GSR). So... My questions are:

1) Is the GSR Transmission good for this engine/chasis? And is there only one kind of GSR (like hydraulic and cable)

2) What mounts do I need ? will this hasport set of 3 work ---> Hasport Motor Mounts - EK Replacement Mounts for B and D Motors: No Limit Motorsport

3) What shift linkage do I need ? will this work as well ---> Hasport Shift Linkage 92-00 Civic w/ B Series motor: No Limit Motorsport

4) Any Experience, Advice or opinions with this swap would be greatly appreciated.
---Thanks for your time

You need the ECU too. B18C5...Type R right? Then that ECU or...

Or you can run a P28 chipped....but will NEED to have it tuned or better yet dyno tuned.

GSR trans is good...so is the B16 trans (JDM trans have optional LSD in both but USDM don't)

The Type R trans in the civic or integra are optimal for quick easy and done b/c they all are LSD

But if you don't plan on running it at the track and/or launching it...then LSD isn't totally necessary....but I say a VTEC transmission for sure. Non-VTEC trans are more economical in the gear ratios. VTEC is closer and want to simply rev at higher rpm's (kinda sucks for highway driving at 3600 rpm 70mph 5th gear) but will still allow great gas mileage at 60mph (little lower rpm)

You need the axles too (I 'think' its the axles of the trans you pick)

Motor Mounts...The ones you list are simply 'replacement mounts'

I say use the mounts for the motor your putting in. Just amke sure they're in good shape. Aftermarket mounts are good for running slicks and all around rigidity. they're hard as a rock for sure. But it can cause reverberation into the cab and you feel the motor throughout the whole chassis (even at idle).

But if that doens't bother you...go hasport. Its better on the performance end. I hang out with OEM B16 mounts. I like the smooth feeling and I am not putting out 300+hp so I think my stock mounts will hold up.

Shift linkage....not totally sure about 200 civic but believe you want any B series shift linkage...or maybe its the linkage for whatever trans you put in

Hope this helps a little. I'm not too knowledgable on EK Civics.

You need the ECU too. B18C5...Type R right?
Yes, the engine is from Integra Type R. My friend also told me that he would give me his ECU pretty much tuned for that engine but he had it in his hatch. The reason he's getting rid of engine is to work on another project - Prelude I think. Anyways, i will have the his ECU tuned as soon as i get everything together because he was telling me that there is currently no limit on the RPMs :eek: Yah, i dont want to throw a rod or anything.
So I will prob. stay with the GSR Tranny.
And as far as the axles, i will have to look into that.

As far as the EKSTK Hasport mounts - I thought they were for all B and D series motors, mine being B18C. I have been researching around a lot especially on this site and figured the hasport mounts would have a lot of vibration-- Im ready for that ^_^
Hey, thanx for the advice cafrog

hey bro i am planning on doing the exact same thing! can you contact me to let me know how it went? How everything turned out?? ill send you my email!

Back