Best plugs for my motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SasSi

I have a b16a SiR-II motor from a '94-'95 EG6 Civic in my '99 Civic Si. What plugs should I be running in it? NGK spark plug numbers would be appreciated. Thanks!

BOSCH platninum +4
or
DENSO plugs
or
ZEX plugs

just go to Schucks/Checker/Krager or Wal-Mart and they have a little electronic thingie that will tell you exactly what model# plugs you need

Go NGK and stay far away from Bosch.

As stated above, just call your local parts store and ask for plugs for a Del Sol VTEC. They'll be able to tell you.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Nov 19 2003, 04:23 PM
they have a little electronic thingie that will tell you exactly what model# plugs you need

Yeah, but there's no "EG6" in the computer.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 19 2003, 05:51 PM
As stated above, just call your local parts store and ask for plugs for a Del Sol VTEC

What... like a '95 Del Sol? When I tried to get plugs today, they didn't have a 1.6 litre & another time they didn't have DOHC. So, I temporarily got the plugs that are for my '99 Civic Si (1.6 litre DOHC) until I know for sure what to get.

And you sure as hell don't get bosch. Denso Iridium or IGK's.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Nov 19 2003, 10:37 PM
you dont search for the chassis, you search for the engine

If you go to any auto parts stores, they don't let you look it up by engine type. They only let you look it up by make, year, model, and trim level. And when I tried to look up for del sol, the guy said "1.5?". I replied "No, 1.6" then he said there wasn't a listing for DOHC. So I tried to tell him the engine & he had no clue & said he couldn't look it up like that.

go with NGKs (the regular copper ones) they're about $1.25
or get the NGK platinums (more expensive, little less power, but last longer)

fuck all those other rip off plugs

your timing belt cover should tell you what kind of spark plug you should use. mo use ngk or denso.

zex plugs are very cold and are designed for turbo and nitrous use only.
ngk's are nice.

i always get the densos, my parts stores dont carry the ngks.

i love them.

tell them a 94 delsol vtec. in 94 there was an s, si, and vtec. this is true all the way until 97.
if theyre retarded and cant find that, i dont see why the 99 civic si wouldnt essentially be the same thing. or even a 94+ acura integra gsr should work.

like everyone else said, bosch is bad, theyll burn up in a matter of weeks, theyre made for domestic cars.

Back