can my d16 in my civic fit properly in and accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kono

So i got this 95 honda civic from my mom as my first car. Automatic transmission 250k+ miles and ran like a champ. About six months later i rear ended a pontiac, folded the hood, and buated the radiator reservoir.(at the time i thought it was the radiator) so my dad bought the same model with a blown head and we took the hood and the radiator and scrapped the rest. I brought it to the high school i was attending where we bent the radiator support bar back into place enough for the hood to latch and it ran without a problem until i bought something new.

I gave it to my little cousin as his first car and not four months later its been slid sideways into a telephone pole and then driven back to his house as is and left in the back yard behind the house with no windows for the past few months.
I'd like to take the engine and put it in a new body. My question is does it have to go into another 95 civic body or can my D16 vtec fit in an accord body of a newer year or a civic of a newer year without too much finagling? And id like to swap over to a standard transmission as well as my 2013 accord is a standard.

Attachments

• 20140725_112942.jpg
    20140725_112942.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 406
I wouldn't do it because of hassle and lack of power for a heavier car. Standard motor in that 2013 accord is 800cc bigger (1.6-2.4). I would entertain better options

Nonono i didnt mean i wanted to put it in my new one. My new one is fine. I have a buddy who can find me a shell for a decent price. I just wanted to know if it would fit in say a 96'-00' civic or accord body or if it would be easier to just find a 95 civic body with a standard transmission and if there would be any problem there

In can fit in a newer civic, mostly the '96-'00 models. It can fit into a newer model accord, but will be pretty weak trying to chug the car around. The newer accords came with a 1.8l and bigger engine options.

I would not do it...body curb weight...displacement...many many no nos on this swap...Dont get me wrong...it can be done...but you would have no gains better yet you will have a disapointment...just my opinion bra

Back