Car wont start !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Delsol94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Delsol94

ok my delsol d16z6 has been running fine and 2 days ago it randomly wont start, it cranks but wont start. I figure its either a fuel or spark problem, i took off my cold air intake and sprayed gas in the intake manifold and tried to start it and it didnt even spudder so i pulled a spark plug and grounded it to the intake and cranked it and no spark so idk what kind of ignition system it has so please help me out and give suggestions. thanks.

Hey man, the D16z6 are known for running one min and dien the next due to a Dizzy failure... Basicly you need a new Dizzy or a new Dizzy core.. go to a scrap yard get one or Autozone or something and purchace a new one and ya car will fire right up

actually all hondas have dizzy problems.. the seal goes bad and leaks oil into the dizzy

this is why i got a box full of distributors and parts. i have got real good at rebuilding them... i have fixed over 10 hondas that had this problem..

lol.. distributors lol.. I buy a honda, i buy a spare... kind of how my day of honda car buying goes

do u think it would be the icm or coil, i only got enough money for one or the other now lol

ICM.... its winter... now in the summer the coil mite go out... best bet is to barrow some cash and just swap it out for now and rebuild it later so u always have a spare! :) change in 10 mins in a parking lot with a 10mm or 12mm socket lol

Well.. u can always gem your own up if u are handy with a knife in such and gasket material... thats just me tho

Back