code 41 code 20 Help....?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

salvadorrivas13

i got a 92 gsr stock p72 ecu sk2 pro series IM. and 99 gsr long block. obd2 injectors. basicly i get a code 41 H02s Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater ok so my car wen its cold it would rev up to 8,000 rpm. then wen its warm it dosent pass 4200 rpms...... i tryed and fix the code 41 i tryed everything. like testing for shorts replacing O2's even got to the point were im about to run the 2 black wires to ecu and 1 to the pgm-fi. see if that solves the problem. but 1st i wana see if any 1 in here had the same problem and if they had any luck. code 20 is electrical over load btw.... but yea any info of anykind to try and help would be greatly apriciated thnx. www.honda-tec.com/showthread.php?t=1812135 this link is the best i could up with so far but i tryed it as well but no luck....(-_-)//...

Last edited:
To address your code 41 have you tried swapping the two black or white wires for the O2. Some O2's have two black or white wires that control the heater. I had to switch mine to get the code to stop. The code 20 ELD, the ELD is located in the fuse box under the hood. Here's a write up i found on how to check it:
A. The code 20 indicates there is a problem in the Electric Load Detector Circuit. What this circuit does is monitor the loads placed on the engine by the alternator, A/C and headlights, among others. When an additional load is detected, the PCM raises the idle speed to compensate. The PCM has detected a fault in the system and turned the light on.
Here's how to test the system:

1. Remove cover from main fuse panel located in engine compartment, then disconnect electrical connector from electric load detector unit.
  2. With ignition switch On, check for battery voltage between electrical connector positive (black/yellow wire) terminal and negative (black) terminal.
  3. If battery voltage is present, proceed to step 4. If no voltage is present, check for the following:
    • Check for blown No. 14 fuse in instrument panel fuse box.
    • Check for open circuit in black/yellow wire between instrument panel fuse box and main fuse panel in engine compartment.
    • Check for improper ground (black wire) connection.
  4. With ignition switch On, check voltage between electric load detector electrical connector green/red terminal and ground. Voltage should be approximately 4.5 to 5 volts. If voltage is as specified, proceed to step 5. If voltage is not as specified, check green/red wire between electric load detector and PFI electronic control unit. If wiring is satisfactory, electronic control unit may be at fault.
  5. Connect electrical connector to electric load detector unit.
  6. With ignition switch in On position and headlamps on at low beam, check voltage at green/red wire terminal at electric load detector unit electrical connector. Check voltage with connector still installed on unit. Voltage should be approximately 2 volts. If voltage is as specified, electric load detector unit is satisfactory. If voltage is not as specified, engine compartment main fuse panel and electric load detector unit must be replaced as an assembly.
  7. Also check all grounds
  8. Shorts in wire from Alt. to Fuse box.
  9. Problem could also be the ECU. Type in Honda code 20 ELD for more info.
provided courtesy of ALLDATA.

Back