confused about engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

guffdastuff

hey guys ive been researching the shit outta this site recently trying to figure out what i gotta do to get this swap done....ive got a 97 civic dx hatch 5sp stock d16y7 engine..car is all stock by the way...i bought a completly redone b18c1 with tranny engine harness axles ecu jumper and shift linkage..i just need an ecu and distributor which i believe i need a p72 from research. my question is why did i get the harness with the b18 when my car is allready obd2 i believe? cant i just use my stock harness with the b18 and use the jumper to the p72 ecu?? ive read that i will have to wire the VTEC for the b18 but dont know why if im using the harness that came with the b18 im starting to get pissed off because everyone i talk to about it seems to give me a different story and its confusing me so i will get to the bottom of this one way or another any hel

Use your harness. It is a one piece and the B18C harness is a two piece. Anyone told you to use it is not informed or is smoking crack. But....you do need to use the plug in clips for VTEC and VTEC oil pressure off that B18C harness.

There are OBD1 and OBD2A and OBD2B P72 ECU's. If you had a OBD1 ECU....get a jumper harness and decent conversion harnesses should have wires coming off it for VTEC lines and Knock sensor and IAB's. Connect them to the pigtails for those new sensors on the motor. With all those connected.....no CEL's

Back