D15B2 to D15B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

F300k

My daughter'sboyfriend blowup his 1990 civic hb with a D15B2 automatic, he found a D15B with an automatic included out of an 93 civic hb. The newer motor did not included the wiring harness, starter, power steering,alt., intake manifold and carb . I have no plugs for the VTEC or the plug to fit the trans. On the old wire harness. What do i need to do if i can to get this running ?

Its dpfi fuel injection on his and if non vtec you can use your trans/intake/dist and car wouldnt know difference, your cars obd0 dpfi and the 93 is obd1 and mpfi

The new motor is VTEC , old is not, new motor came with transmission but didn't come with wiring harness. I don't have plugs on the old harness for the VTEC or the transmission. The new did not have distributor intake or exhaust manifolds or the related parts

Did you do any research at all before getting into this? Also most of this is covered thoroughly through the internet that's the problem with this site we get all these greenhorns with no information come make silly post when they have a problem only then they're gone forever, one simple Google search would have told you that they're different generation Motors and totally different wiring, also if the kids got a dx auto 88-91 and blew it up and having his father-in-law do a motor swap just scrap the car and get something else

Can reuse the stock trans and in theory you should be able to run the engine on all the stock d15 intake and dist but wont have vtec which is bad for your cam lobes

While it can be done, it will be difficult and get expensive to source all the missing pieces you will need.
dpfi -> mpfi conversion
obd 0 -> obd1 conversion
non-vtec - vtec conversion

and then, the impossible, finding a 3-stage d15b ecu in automatic form.

Cant he just swap the whole B2 head with the intake and exhaust manifolds all in one piece (10 Bolts to remove) on to the D15B bottom end and just plug everything back up like stock?
Am I missing something here? I'm not a D series guy, but as far I am aware all d series heads swap except the d17..

Back