Disable 2nd o2 sensor: Do I go to obd1 or get a chipped obd0?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wougoose

I have been having bogging issues related directly to my o2 sensors. I currently have an obd0 b16a SiR in a crx with a DC 4-2-1 header and only 1 heated o2 sensor. The header only had 1 bung in the collector before the cat and I needed a heated o2 sensor to keep it hot. I am still experiencing bogging occasionally and have found the problem to be the ECU. My stock PW0 ecu wants two o2 sensors, so I have my single o2 sensor spliced and giving the same signal to both connections on the ecu. This isn't the best option, so I need to make a decision.

I have heard chipped PR3's/PW0's will disable the 2nd o2 sensor. I also could convert to obd1 and use my single heated o2 sensor and just buy an obd1 dizzy/ecu. OR I could just weld in 2 bungs on collector's 1+4 and 2+3 on my header and have 2 o2 sensors with my stock ecu.

Which option do you feel is best? My engine is completely stock at the moment minus my msd ignition / header / intake / exhaust.

I am leaning towards getting a chipped pr3. I tried my buddy's chipped pr3 and all bogging was gone and the car ran like a champ. But I am leaving the other options open still as they are possibilities.

What do you guys suggest?

Back