ecotec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
the shop i work at had a big poster of the Summitt Racing cavalier, with a picture of the ecotec motor. it looks dumb. it's a cavalier.

cavalier = poop.

i wonder if in domestic forums, if ecotec is misspelled "eco-tec", "eco-tech", and so on, and so on.

edit:
Originally posted by tweakman@Sep 28 2003, 07:35 PM
v-tec

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! it's VTEC!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Variable Valve Timing and Electronic lift Control

i think that's it....it's essentially a more aggressive cam for the upper RPM range.

eco tec works sorta the same as vtec, but alot shittier. as we all know Vtec switches to a different lobe at whatever the rpm is that its ment to. EcoTec, moves the cam over to put lobes on different valves to get the same result. gay.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 28 2003, 08:25 PM
eco tec works sorta the same as vtec, but alot shittier. as we all know Vtec switches to a different lobe at whatever the rpm is that its ment to. EcoTec, moves the cam over to put lobes on different valves to get the same result. gay.

wrong, noob

ecotec has absolutely nothing to do with valve timing. its just a name for the type of engine

and before you spew some bs about "well i dont care about knowing what ecotec does/is cause i dont like lame domestic cars lol" just keep in mind that there is nothing worse than a noob that tries to pretend that they know what they're talking about :)

lol i was unterly pwned. o well i dont care, this is what i was told by my Z22 Ecotec driving friend. So i am wrong. OWNED WAS ME :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned:

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 28 2003, 10:29 PM

ECOTEC is the name of the engine, yes. but it does in fact have to do with variable valve timing. It's just like Nissans CVTC and the ZETEC Focus/ZX2 2.0. It continuously changes the timing to give the best power/fuel mileage.

from what i understand, the ecotec does NOT have variable valve timing- here is the gm press article for that motor

http://www.gm.com/automotive/gmpowertrain/...news/press1.htm

The Ecotec 2.2-liter engine features a modular design, providing flexibility for a number of future technologies such as turbocharging, variable valve timing and direct injection-gasoline

sounds like it doesnt have variable timing- but it may in the future :)

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 28 2003, 09:19 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Variable Valve Timing and Electronic lift Control

i think that's it....it's essentially a more aggressive cam for the upper RPM range.

wrong again n00b. :stfun00b:

its: Variable valve timing and lift electronic control.

eco = economy = slow. thats all you need to know.
its about gas mileage and less emissions at part throttle

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 29 2003, 12:11 AM
wrong again n00b. :stfun00b:

its: Variable valve timing and lift electronic control.

:withstupid:

:owned:

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Sep 29 2003, 12:44 AM-->
Originally posted by SolReaver@Sep 29 2003, 05:07 AM
sleepergtx
@Sep 28 2003, 10:29 PM

ECOTEC is the name of the engine, yes. but it does in fact have to do with variable valve timing. It's just like Nissans CVTC and the ZETEC Focus/ZX2 2.0. It continuously changes the timing to give the best power/fuel mileage.

from what i understand, the ecotec does NOT have variable valve timing- here is the gm press article for that motor

http://www.gm.com/automotive/gmpowertrain/...news/press1.htm

The Ecotec 2.2-liter engine features a modular design, providing flexibility for a number of future technologies such as turbocharging, variable valve timing and direct injection-gasoline

sounds like it doesnt have variable timing- but it may in the future :)

Emissions: Meeting Federal NLEV and California LEV Standards
To help meet emission standards, Ecotec's engine management system computer precisely controls the ignition and fuel injection based on feedback from the two oxygen sensors and handles on-board diagnostics.

I'm sorry i should edit that and take out the "valve" in the Variable Valve Timing.

ignition and fuel injection control= continuously changes the timing to give the best power/fuel mileage.

Which is exactly what I said it did. I dispute the ownage that was put on me.

i reinstate the ownage that was put on you based on the following statements

you DID say that the ecotec had variable valve timing. that was what the whole dispute was about in the first place. now you want to say that it doesnt have variable valve timing, it has the ability to control the fuel and ignition?

hello and welcome to the modern age where cars use fuel injection, aka the use of a ecu and various sensors to control fuel and ignition!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is exactly what I said it did

no, not in any way, shape or form, is you saying a motor has variable valve timing exactly the same as saying it has fuel injection :bash: :bash:

:)

no need to get all uptight, i present the clear facts, no opinions here :)

I'm so fucking sorry. take the fucking "valve" out and damn, I'm right.

maybe, but by taking the word "valve" out, you completely alter the entire concept of it.

example- hey everyone, i drive a honda f1 car. take the f1 out, and suddenly the statement is true!!! weak :roll:

I apologize with my deepest sympanthies that YOU apparently missunderstood me.

nope, no misunderstandings here. fact is, you cant accept the fact that you got owned, like sleeper crx did :lol:

Why the hell am I arguing with a little boy anyway? I know I am right

and guess what, if YOU know that YOU are right, thats good enough ;)

... and I know I don't give a fuck about your opinion. Now shove off.

once again, not once in this post did i offer ANY opinion. just the facts. i find they are harder to argue with than opinion ;)

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 29 2003, 01:36 AM

ECOTEC is the name of the engine, yes. but it does in fact have to do with variable valve timing. It's just like Nissans CVTC and the ZETEC Focus/ZX2 2.0. .

Emissions: Meeting Federal NLEV and California LEV Standards
To help meet emission standards, Ecotec's engine management system computer precisely controls the ignition and fuel injection based on feedback from the two oxygen sensors and handles on-board diagnostics.

you= teh n00b

seriously dude, do you not understand that when they talk about variable valve timing, its fucking not the same as ignition timing??

It continuously changes the timing to give the best power/fuel mileage

ok- reread the original post and know that they ARE talking about valve timing :)

Ecotec's engine management system computer precisely controls the ignition and fuel injection

and in that one they are talking about ignition timing, mmmkay??

and if i'm a geek for proving you wrong, at least i am an educated one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back