F@ck me.... credit report

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, i was checking in to all of this because i think we may start looking into buying a house soon. mainly see where the credit is at, and what all we would need to do to be able to qualify for a loan.

i guess this will just be one of the things to check into whilst doing that.

i do enjoy though, that we have to depend upon these companies to access this kind of information, but when something like this happens, it is pretty much impossible to actually be able to talk to somebody.

You should get this resolved LONG before you're looking to buy a house as this can take a year + of hassle just to get it to drop off your report, and that's of course after you clear it with whatever agency has the record/debt on your name/social.

well, yeah, obviously, we arent currently in a position to buy a house right now anyway. I just wanted to meet with a mortgage broker/bank to have a look at our credit, see what needs to be done there, and then what kind of pay each of us should be making in order to afford a house in our target area.

we dont make enough currently, i wouldnt think. i just want to start making the right steps to get everything ready, so in a year or so, we may be able to get a loan to buy/build a house where we want to be.

When I pulled my credit I saw 3 credit cards that were not mine, they were my parents but were still showing up under my name since I had my name on their card way back in the day.

^^ This is how my mother fucked over my credit.

no they don't. by law they are required to tell you how to access your credit report. i have had several loans and i have to flirt with the girl running the loan just to get my actual score. they aren't supposed to give that out either.

By "they".. I was referring to credit reporting agencies. A reputable dealer will almost always tell you your credit score so they can justify your APR, and no, the dealer themselves are not " required " to show. In fact they are not required to tell you much of anything about your credit. They are middle men, and bullsh!t artists. :D

I used to work in mortgages and if the borrower asked, we were required to provide a copy of any credit report that we used to make a credit based lending decision, period.

It was part of the Fair Credit Reporting Act I believe.

Ultimately the goal was to hold lenders accountable for their decisions and prevent discrimination and to give the consumer a chance to clear any issues, like the one you are having now.

i believe the law says that if you are DENIED credit, you have to be notified in writing what gave them reasonable cause to deny you
you will usually receive a letter in the mail a couple weeks later with information on why your application was denied.

That may be for consumer credit...perhaps its different for mortgages? Too tired and lazy to look it up.

Back