F23 + Del Sol question(s)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MacDubois

Okay, so background.

I'm new here and mostly new to Hondas. A while ago my wife bought this '93 Del Sol Si.
13947720487_48308467f2_c.jpg

Because she always wanted one. Blame it on the James Bond-esque commercial when they first came out. We got a killer deal on it too, because it needed a wheel bearing. And I was okay with it because I like to autocross and it has this under the hood. (along with some basic suspension upgrades)
14131444662_7aff3c245c_c.jpg

F23a1 out of an 01 Accord EX (or so the story goes)

We've done a little to it, new wheel bearing, oil pan etc. Had lots of fun driving it. Nearly went deaf (muffler has been in the trunk since we bought it, not a terribly effective placement)

But now it is time to replace the axles. Both of them. The swap is pretty uncommon so after significant searching I have come here with a couple questions.

Transmission is from a 94 Accord (f22b1?) with 94 Accord intermediate shaft. Knuckles are DC Integra parts. From my searches I think I need DC Integra axles and Accord inner sections, mated together. Is this correct? I was told this is what was on the car when I bought it.

OR, I have also read that I might be able to use standard DA axles if I swap the intermediate shaft to a 90-93 Accord piece, which seems easier to me. Possible?

OR, can I buy H22 swap axles?

Also, the car is currently running a P0A ecu. I have some driveability concerns (runs very rich, CELs). Any issues swapping in a P28? P28 should be tuneable to solve my issues right?

Back