Finally bought a honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They made a shelby iroc R/T? Was it the 16valve T3? Or was it just a Shelby iroc, because I've heard of those. Your loss though lol, although they are a maintenance nightmare and I'm sure you just wanted to be rid of the thing after several years of shit breaking almost daily. Especially the 16valve. They love to snap intermediate shafts. What sucks about the T3 is it's electronic ignition, so instead of dying when it breaks, it just oil starves and keeps going. Then there's those fuel lines mounted 5 inches from the turbocharger. Smart. I've owned almost nothing but turbo dodges for years, and have had nothing but problems with them. It's just part of their charm.

Last edited:
it was a shelby iroc rt very few was made total around 230,most was black or red, 2.5 engine.and yeah it was always broken down, it loved throwing bearings.

Helps the auto makers sell more cars...:ph34r:

It's because more and more automakers are going to a seamless dash. You no longer have a replaceable panel in front of the airbag. The IP tears, then you have to replace the entire thing. That is a ton of work and expense.

It's because more and more automakers are going to a seamless dash. You no longer have a replaceable panel in front of the airbag. The IP tears, then you have to replace the entire thing. That is a ton of work and expense.

exactly, cars designed to be single-crash vehicles, because the profits are there, because insurance will "buy" the car.

This just doesn't make any sense to me.

Yeah I'm definitely not a fan, because the factory radios in cars are still shit. They've gotten alot better, but I'd still rather a Sony or a Pioneer.

This just doesn't make any sense to me.

imagine someone whose only goal is to make money selling cars was told "If you make the dash one-piece, you can increase the cost of the total dash, then when an airbag deploys, you make them have to buy a new dash, at the increased cost."

Then they think about it for a while, and say "What if we make the dash so integrated into the car that it's impossible to replace?"

And the advisor says "Well, then the cost to replace a dash would be really high, probably a significant portion of the car's value would be that dashboard."

Marketing people call it a "seamless dash, for a clean appearance" and people buy the new car, and prefer the look of the new dash.

When that asshole turned left on red in front of me last year the airbags didn't deploy. That's the only reason it wasn't totaled. I hit the other car going ~40mph (the speed limit) The car I was driving is a 2005 Dodge Caravan by the way. That 2006 Mazda 3 sedan though... it didn't stand a chance, even at 40mph. It basically got bent into a 150-155 degree elbow.

And I drove home after it was all over. So, im kinda glad the airbags didn't go off, especially considering my child was in the back.

Back