first street bike?!!? some opinions would be nice! :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crffiddy92

I was looking to buy my first street bike. I currently have a dualsport crf50 (88cc) and a 150 pitbike. I've been riding dirt bikes and atvs for 7 or 8 years probably. I found an 87 cbr600 hurricane for 1500. It runs fine as far as i know and come with a full D&D pipe system which is why its 1500. Hopefully i'll get to check the bike out this weekend but what does anyone think about getting this bike?!?! The insurance is crazy cheap since its an old bike...but hondas last forever so i figure it'd be a pretty solid bike still.

Any comments?!?!

the cheaper the better haha....just looking to get onto a street bike so i can do some rides over the summer with a friend who might also be getting a bike. I really didnt wanna go too far past 2500. That'd prolly be my absolute max but under $2000 would be ideal! I just saw the 87 600 and figured it'd have sufficient power, its only 1500 and the insurance is like $30 a month maybe...

yea...i know there are a lot of stupid people out there!! sucks, but riding is worth it to me!

i've also found some cbr600F4i's 2000-2005ish years for around $3500-4500 as well as 250's (mostly ninjas) that are '08 and '09's for $2500-3000.

Any input? if the hurricane looks solid when i see it i assume that be a good cheap option? or are there any reasons to go with a 600f4i or 250 ninja?

Back