Found an old pic.. My S-10!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Lost in the vastness of cyberville (or on an old hard drive) I found a pic of my s-10. The first vehicle I ever Customized. Thought I'd share it with you guys.. Just for kicks. (And I'm proud of it, that was done while I was moving back and forth from texas to new mexico and finishing high school, on a part time pizza delivery salary. Truck and mods were paid for and done by me.)

s10.jpg

Performance mods were modest.. Functional cowl induction, K&N velocity stack air cleaner, headers, dual exhaust, chipped.. That was about it. But it sounded great.. Had a v6 in it.

Other stuff was belltech suspension, cowl hood, rims, tires, shaved molding, fiberglass tonneau, wing (yeah yeah), roll pan, relocated rear plate, and a few other minor items here and there, just for looks. Had a pair of 12" subs in a custom box, and the interior was charcoal and canary yellow.. Wish I could dig up a pic of the interior, it was kinda nice.

Sold the truck to a kid, who came back the next week having blowing both rear tires and messing up the bed pretty bad in the process, and had broken two of the three factory weld points for the front suspension saying that I had sold him a messed up truck. There was still grass and mud stuck in the front bumper and grill from where he was off roading in the damn thing. It was sad. The next week, (after I told him to take it to a shop and get those welds professionally fixed and reinforced) the third weld broke, dropped a front tire, and he rolled it off of the highway, through a bar ditch and stuck it between a pair of trees. Totalled it after two weeks of ownership. Ah well, wasn't my truck anymore, but after keeping it nice and clean and building it with hard earned cash, it was still sad to see.

Anyway, it was a trip down memory lane for me, though I'd share. Its a 1993 S-10 and That pic was taken, I believe, in 1998 or 1999.

I would have sold it and bought a CRX. Oh wait.. thats what I did!

Actually, there was a mitsubishi diamante between the truck and the CRX. It was beautiful inside and out, but had cam trouble. The cam in the very back of the engine was binding (dohc v6) and it kept jumping time, so I sold that off and got the CRX si. I've been hooked on hondas ever since.

I did color match the front grille, but it started chipping and looking like crap, so I replaced it with a factory unit. It looked pretty cool with the white grille though. And the blue stripes on the fender shows my early fetish for Corvettes. That was kind of a tribute to the grand sport. I was planning grand sport style racing stripes as well, but never got around to it.

Cool truck that would have been a monster with a v8 swap

Back