Gearing up for AWD EG6 Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AWDCivic

As the title states, researching and building AWD 1994 Civic Hatchback. Engine will be LSVTEC, forced induction. Transmission will be 2001 CRV M/T. I am ONLY looking for qualified answers, backed by links for facts. No stupid comments, no drama, just facts.

What I need to know as of 23AUG2016:

1) Using B20 M/T, am I able to swap gears (I have a built M/T GSR available)?

2) What front shafts to use for excess of 800+ HP?

3) What rear shafts to use for excess of 800+ HP?

4) Exhaust, fuel tank, and fuel lines will be removed/moved. Is there anything I'm missing in order to make room for shafts/rear differential

5) Is it possible to use K series rear differential, as opposed to the B series CRV rear diff (maybe fab)?

Any other insights, criticism, etc. is welcome, provided that it lends to constructive feedback to the build process.

We currently have a awd build on the forum... and 800hp is stupid unrealistic.... welcome to hondaswap, also if you don't understand the amount of fabrication needed you don't need to be doing this swap, and there is no cut and paste method every one is different

You can't just bolt in a rear differential with axles. It's a full custom fabrication job.

Here is a guy who did it with k-series. To try and get to 800 hp, you are probably looking AT LEAST $50,000

I priced it all out, it would be about $20k, with engine fully built and all. I already have most parts and understand the concept behind the fabrication. I greatly appreciate the link you posted and am nearly at the $10k mark in savings for this projects. Perhaps I'll save some more and buy his car... That's a good setup with all the hard work out of the way! :D

I smell a young kid with hopes and dreams , if you have 10k go buy something nice used and pay cash... that gets you a 06+ civic si

20k is a nice down payment on a house. I hope its a labor of love because you will lose money on this.

Good luck to you and show pictures of your build

If I had to guess the kid is 16-17 years old and got given or bought a 94 hatch as first car and has aspirations to make it the most custom unique civic ever dude and kill evos and subarus and focus rs's , car will stay d15 will move onto other things , thats just my reading

And it might be right on the $20,000 parts list but no way in hell is that going to pay for machine work and Fabrication, and if you already had the fabrication skills to do so we wouldn't be having this conversation

When all your friends have subarus and evos, all you want is AWD.

For 20k you can spend about 10-12 on a decent used Acura RDX, and then you've got turbo, AWD, and luxury. Then you take the rest of the money and throw a greddy turbo kit on your EG.

Back