Hello

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ryma

Hi it says Iamnew but Iam not new to the honda world, I know bits and pices of info from constintly fixing my friends 89CRX si and his ramblings.

But I fell inlove with the first gen crx's but findingone in a rust free condition is gonna be a pain and expecally an HF model, but i am gonna need to get an efi model just so i can make the swap easyer.

But I ahve to get rid of a project mustang thats in my driveway, its been nothing but a headach sence i got it and the theves didentmake anything better for me.

So iam gonna sell it and work on finding myself a first gen crx.

I hope to learn more mainly about suspentiona and brake upgrades that will work for the first gen.

Then I would like to get ahold of a b18 non vtec DOHC motor and I need to read up on transmitions and such for the drive train.

I plan to auto X or SCCA with it not really looking for anything huge just a turbocharged 300-350 ish hp/tq area.

I was wandering thou I know hondas are pritty much torqueless but how can you gain more torque than horse power out of them?

Thank you for your time and I hope to learn alot.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.
That goal sounds high, especially for a newcomer to the honda world.
Rarely will you see a Honda's torque numbers higher than their HP numbers, but you're starting on the right path to get there.
The B18 is a good platform for boost, and decent torque to work with.

thank you, yeah it may seen high but with the simplicity of the first gen crx's the only thing stoping someone from performing well is the motor.

I was looking around the site and have learned alot about the first gen but I read somewhere that some motors wont fit in the bay without modding(ie hammer).

Will a b18 fit? is the b18b the only bseries motor thats non vtec? I dont really see anything other but I know theres others out there but cant find any info on them, just trying to weight my options.

What cable clutch factory lsd trans are there that will best work for my goal? All i ever see is hydro clutches and replacing slave cyclinders sucks.

Anyone know anyone that has converted from carb to MPFI in a first gen crx?

I guess thats all I really got for questions just some stuff I couldent find out on the site. BTW this site rocks my socks off so much info iam sure my questions have answeres but I hardly get any answeres close to my questions in the search function.

Thanks for your time and good day.

more torque than HP? perhaps a stroker kit?
non-vtec helps your chances of reaching your goals...

wat state are you in? if you're not in FL, CA, TX etc i would advise against a first gen

move up to the second gen crx or hatch or something with a bit more part availability etc...

if you're building the car for scca, buy a rule book now. if you go that crazy, you'll end up in SM2, and basically get your ass kicked by everything made by porsche....

hasport.com
check out their mount kits for the first gen's and then read the installation instructions for an in general idea

V-TECH FOR THE WIN!!! O i mean V-TEC...

welcome to the board...

More and more 1st genner's are joining....

howdy and welcome to Hondaswap.com, but for pure 1st gen CRX info...take a stop by Redpepperracing.com and there is ton's of info there including a new group buy for Tein's... :drool:

engine wise...if the car is set up suspension wise...then the engine doesn't need gobs of power. I found that with a stiff chassis, grippy tires, and a good driver..that the car was just a second away from beating a spec Miata at autocross. And I had blown rings, and only 107 crank HP. I found just slapping a junk yard turbo on the car made it more fun, but it booted me out of CSP and into SM....then I killed the car and I still haven't got the thing on the road. One day....one day it will race again...when....who know's...buy it from me and build it..it's already got everything, it just needs the work done to swap parts around and clean it up.

hello hello, thanks thanks.

Question vbmenu_register("postmenu_695267", true); reckedraciing why you advise not going with a first gen? shops and avalibility? or diffacultys of the obd?

Yeah I figured I would be in SM but Iam mainly going for solo and not really compeating with ppl just having fun.

I dont like to compeat I think its a wasst of time when having fun is much better.

Becides isent that what its origionally about, having fun?

Yes I got RPR book marked but iam going thru all the info I can find one site at a time XD .

I found that site from a superstreet mag I got of marcus di sabella's first gen.

I saw that and thought to myself yes theres hope for a bitchen first gen.

Thru my readings here the D16a1 is the way to go, and i can alwase get a turbo kit.

Speaking of turbo kits, has anyone heard of these guys?
VECCO HIGH PERFORMANCE INC they use turbonetics turbos, and I havent heard anything bad about turbonetics...ever.

I know some components are missing but Iam looking for a turbo kit thats prity much compleat and will take care of the rest, like proper sized injectors instead of an fmu which IM is a waste of time just go get a fuel 255LPH pump and be done with it.

Iam not new to the performance world but I know a bit about honda.

and beleave it its not that hard to reach your goal, the turbo 2.3 mustangs were all I delt with for years, then it was supercharged 4.2 v6 mustangs and not its boosted first gen crx's.

Well iam gonna go and read more now iam working on transmitions, Which trans is cable tyep clutch with a factory lsd? I cant find anything about that.

Iam gonna read more on the d16A1 which to my understanding is the jdm si motor that should of been in the crx instead of the sohc weak dick they got. I may be wrong or misheard my friend when we get drunk and talk about cars. if so hay learning experiance.

Back