HELP car has no throttle response

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My car: 92 civic cx b20b block gsr head.

so to day i was bored and decided id mess wit my car, i decided to clean out my throttle body so i took off my intake and unscrewed the top 2 bolts on the TB, then unplugged the 2 sensors running off of it, then ended up deciding to just leave my throttle body on and just clean it while its on,so i sprayed some brake parts cleaner in the throttle body then wiped it down, then i put it all back together and plugged in the plugs, after that i noticed my throttle cable looked loose so i tryed adjusting it tighter, then i started the car and tryed giving it gas but it would start to bog as soon as i push the pedal...

any ideas in why it would do this would be appreciated, idk if maybe i messed up those sensors or what it is

you could try switichng the plugs or if your sure you plugged them in the right order i would get a volt meter and check both plugs.. sometimes plugs go bad i had to rewire quite a few on mine.. its not hard tho sometimes older plugs get freyed at the wire and theres not enough signal going to the plug after its moved mabey once it may be enough to move the wires away from contact with the other broken wires but rebuilding the plug isnt very hard to do if u have a soldering iron wire strippers and side cutters u may have to get something sharp like a tiny flat head screw driver to release the pins IF indeed one of the plugs is bad let me know if u have ne more questions but first try to test the plugs and see if they are gettng 12 volts to them

Is there a chance that you sprayed enough cleaner in your engine to fowl out a spark plug? Take some insulated pliers and pull one plug wire of at a time. If you have one that when pulled off nothing changes, then I would replace you spark plugs. This may not be it, but it's simple to try!

yes try swapping the electrical plugs, it's very common that people mix the two up. And try rdomeck idea also, it's possible you fouled a plug.

depending on the type of brake clean you used, you may have ruined the TPS. Some of the cleaners are safe for sensors and some are not. Id check what your TPS is sending back voltage wise through the signal wire and with either an osciloscope or a Multi-meter.

Sorry i ment Injector plugs but sparkplug wires 2 haha i had not thought of that.. but injector plugs are important to get the right order

I reread the first post and it occured to me that you used Brake clean and not carb clean. Most of your brake clean is non-flamable these days. I would diffinetly check your spark plugs. I tried starting a pressure washer that I had let set all winter and I had problems. I grabbed a can of cleaner and sprayed that in the carb to get it started. After a couple of pulls I knocked over the can and noticed that it was non flamable cleaner. That ended up fauling out the plug.

I'm guessing since you haven't posted since the 14th that you already have this running!

Back