help/ideas for new tuner

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92cxhatch

hey i just bought a 92 cx hatch. its bone stock with 53k origional miles. it has the common dings and scratches around the bumper, but no rust. i stole it from the guy for 1800. it even has leather interior! anyway i need ideas about what to do for suspension, motor, trans, wheels, tires, the whole bit.

it will be a street car with track visits on the weekends.
it is my only car so i have to use it daily.
-i have been thinking about doing an ls-vtec all motor however i have heard there are oil problems with the ls-v.
-i also heard that koni yellow suspension is excellent for track and street.
-i have a stock d15 in it and was wondering if that trans will work for a bseries?

if you have anything that could help me, please let me know.

if built and done right no problems with lsvtec but I prefer to just do the poor mans type r - gsr block b16 head
unsure on that suspension but koni is good solid and reliable
that transmission won't work and it's gears are too long anyway...nice mileage on the car but IMO a bit of overpay but could be worth it to you

i have ls/vtec no oil problems at all... and i have close to 6 grand into mine... my head is off for the moment.. getting it fully built next week or so... i already have supertech flat valves. type r valve springs, and its gonna get a port n polish job... with gsr cams... like okczombie said if buildt right u will turn heads... trust me... my motor doesnt even have 3500 miles on it... buts its a ls right now... cuz my head is off... mines not even tuned or anything... plan on getting it done after heads done... but if u have any ??? or anything pm me... and il help ya.... i researched for about 3 months and then i finally started buying stuff...

oh and ur tranny wouldnt work for b-series... but if u goin all motor shoot for a b16 tranny....

Back