Help me I need to tune up my ride a lil bit! Can a D16y8 exhaust fit a EK HB engine ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

helpmeplease123

:ph34r: Ok....I'm just looking for some cool Honda bro's to explain if they know this or not to me. I just wanna do this and not to boost, supercharge or whatever so thanks but I just wanna keep it all in engine and sorta simple....:confused:

I have a 1998 Civic CX EK. Otherwise called a Non_Vtec D16y7 hatchback right? K...I read that you can switch the D16y8 manifold and exhaust manifold to a D16y7?....Is that right, has anybody done that with any complications? Is it possible?

If that is correct...can d16y8 headers and exhaust fit a 98 cx ek D16y7 hatchback? Will the exhaust stick out? Is it UgALy? Is it possible?

Simplified... Can I switch a D16y7 intake and exhaust manifold to a d16y8 intake and manifold? Will a V-Tec d16y8 (After-market) exhaust {Greddy} etc... Fit a D16y7 Hatchback without sticking out....or can it fit in general? Will an aftermarket short ram intake {Password JDM} etc...for a D16y8 fit a d16y7 engine if it just had the y8 manifold?

Please help! it's so hard to find good help! Plus I an newbie mechanic student, my instructor is from GMC and all I get from him is..." To be honest...I have no idea." "You might want to check to internet"........Please Guru's...throw me your wisdom.......:eek:.......:rimshot:

Y8 intake manifold will fit, but you will need a Y8 throttle body as the rotor is the opposite way. The Y8 header by itself will not connect to the Y7 exhaust, so you would have to get the complete Y8 exhaust including catalytic converter. The piping should all fit except that the muffler tip will stick out, but you could always just trim the excess.

Back