How compatible are the DC and EG chassis?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

which does of course still leave the question of "what the hell is this doing int he Auto Multi-Media Forum??"

moving to EG-EK/DC hybrid forum

:moved:

try to keep your posts in the correct forums n00b :p

The B16 on the LS tranny isn't going to be all that fun, but I guess if you're trying to build up your car in stages, that will at least get you all set up for B-series and then you could upgrade the gearbox later...
I'm aware. The B16 is actually pretty built, with a claimed 170 whp, but the torque is still lower than the LS. But plopping a built head on top of a stock LS bottom end with high miles didn't seem like the right thing to do either. The car will retain the LS trans as long as it's my DD though. I'll probably find a new short block exactly how I found this stuff, endlessly scrolling CL until I find someone else's project that they are cutting bait on.

Checked it out today. Exactly what the guy said it was. Honestly, I expected it to be worse. When he said rear ended, he really meant a little bent sheet metal. If I threw a battery in it, I could drive it without getting any extra attention.

Car is paid for. My tow guy is on vacation. I'm in no rush. Besides, the front of the Integra is in pieces. Replacing ball joints and such.

Little update. Car is supposed to be towed to a friend's tomorrow. My tow guy hasn't responded to me since around 4 yesterday. Also, where it's at is now the home of the ex-girlfriend of the guy that I bought it from. He apparently moved out this week on not so good terms and is threatening to have it towed off even though he's told her it will be gone Saturday.

I'm seriously over this thing right now. If the dude offered me my money back I would jump at the opputunity. If it gets towed off this is going to get really complicated.

just call a wrecker yourself and get it done for $50
That requires I be there to show proof of ownership, etc. The car is over an hour away from my house and I'm leaving for Pittsburgh tonight after work.

Luckily, my tow guy got back to me and he's going to move it first thing in the AM. Just hope it's still there. Even told the guy to reach out to his ex and make a point to say it'll be gone in the morning. Fingers crossed.

BTW, where the hell have you ever got a tow for $50? In town around here is $75+. Moving a disabled vehicle to another town? $150 on a good day.

they will only tow a registered (plated) car and you (the card holder) need to be present at time of pickup

Yea, I have AAA. Wasn't going to plate a car that's going to the junk yard when I'm done with it.

^^^ this
as long as the car looks like it could be a registered driving car no one is going to give a shit
they dont actually run the plates

I thought about it, but they do have the plates of the Teg on record. They notice, I get a second red mark on my file, probably get booted from AAA. Everything worked out with the civic though. It is where it needs to be.

Back