How much hp can a d16z6 tranny hold?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no d has ever made 500 on stock internals a B motor has trouble doing it hell my D16Y7 streches the head bolts and it only makes 245 at the wheels

Thats because you should have replaced the head bolts, clown.

Build it right, and it will run right. Just because its a single cam does not mean it is not capable of making the same power.

No, don't go B. It'd be backpedaling at this point. Stick with your D, and sleeve the damn thing.

To the OP: I believe you can get new guts for the transmission from MFactory, MFactory Close Ratio Gears

If you want different ratios, call them up and talk to them, they're pretty cool.

Yeah I am 100% into keeping the D series, everyone around my town is swapping to B16s or B18s or H22A1. But thanks for website very helpful. Major kudos.

Especially since my friend has a h22a1 swapped 94 prelude another friend has same engine in a 93 lude... and he's doing an eg with a b16 and his brother is doing an ek hatch I think with a b18... So none of my friends are building Ds or think it's worth while xD I'll prove to em haha.

Thats because you should have replaced the head bolts, clown.

Build it right, and it will run right. Just because its a single cam does not mean it is not capable of making the same power.

no shit i was just stating the obvious that a Dseries will not make 500hp on a stock engine and just so you know i know have head studs and a cometic gasket when i pulled the head the pistons looked verry good and showed no signds of detonation.

I am not going to run Stock internals, planning on full port polish sleeved, cammed, cam gears, light weight pullies the whole 9 yards, not gonna skimp on anything. So the weak part of build will be cv joints and tranny?

Nice "name drops," that covers about the first 2 yards anybody talks about doing...

and neither of those are stock, the most ive saw on a d series is 700+whp

It's seen, not saw! The most you have seen! For crying out loud! Is there not a third grade that teaches grammer and punctuation!?

Back