How to Bench-Test Honda CBR 600 RR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello forum,

This is my first time here on the forum and I require some help. I am planning to do a future build, and for that build I need to perform a bench-test on an old CBR 600 RR engine that I have.

I wonder how I can bench test it, what sort of equipment do I need to successfully start and rev the engine. (for eg. rev meter, cooling...) I am sort of new to rebuilding an engine, so If anybody is experienced with what the essentials are for successfully performing a bench-test I would greatly appreciate it.

Keep in mind it is completely bare. Here is what it looks like:
CBR 600 RR.JPG

Best regards,

Alex

What are planing on doing with it?

To make the motor run you pretty much need the whole harness ECU as well as the fuel pump. Also these motors use a secondary set of injectors in the air box if you don't have the factory air box with the secondary fuel rail and injectors the motor will never run right.

I know this because a friend and myself built a 2-seater sand car and this was the motor we used for it. They are one of the better 600cc sport bike motors out there.

Thank you for the reply,

At the moment I want the engine to be up and running to its full potential. Then in the near future I plan on adding it to a chassy made from steel bars which will make up an experimental buggy. My main aim with this build is to gain experience.

I do not have the harness or ECU anymore, therefor would you recommend ordering it off eBay; and if so, does it have to come specifically from the CBR 600 RR bike?

My last question is about cooling, is this important, at least when bench-testing? I imagine I would need a inter cooler of some sort, with the addition of a fan.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Hope to see you again,

Alex

Back