HVLP spray gun + accessories - need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Faramire

Hi All,

I will be trying my hand at painting my wifes 04 civic front bumper, and hood.

I've done body work before, I can patch up everything, prime, and wetsand... but i've never did the base coat or clear coat using an hvlp gun.

I see gun sets like this: HVLP Spray Gun Kit

And my father in law has a compressor... but What else do I need?

I am pretty sure I need some sort of hose to match the 1/4" inlet on the gun , and a pressure gauge... but even then, I am not really sure what I am looking for when looking for a hose or pressure gauge.

Can someone help me out ? I would like to spend less than $100 on the gun + hose + gauge and whatever else I need, excluding the actual compressor, and paint.

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

We use that gun in my metals and woods classes for the students projects. I have shot primer, paint and various finishes through it with some decent result but I have never tried it on a vehicle. They are great guns for the money and for what I use them for.

It has nice reviews, only con being tip is on too tight to remove it :p but running thinner thru it should be fine, eh. :p

Any advice as to what other accessories i am going to need as mentioned in the thread?

Or just gun, hose, gauge, and thats it?

Make sure your compressor can keep up with the gun.

Back