IAB delete and pnp gsr manifold?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sonazty

is it worth it to remove/delete the iab's on the gsr manifold. i'm running a chipped and tuned p28 so it wouldn't throw a code or anything. people were telling me that it would help out more on the top end due to the fact that the iab's aren't even working right now due to the p28. also i have another buddy that has a fully ported and polished gsr manifold, he took out the iab's and pretty much cut out the circle and square runners in the manifold. looks completely open when you look into it. it's also ported out to fit 68mm throttle bodies, he said that it flows better than a skunk2 pro series. i've tried to do some research on this and can't find anything about it anywhere, all the help would be appreciated, thanks sonazty.

just get a skunk2 manifold.... if oem gsr manifolds made so much power, why doesnt anyone use them in all motor builds. used gsr manis are damn near free, nobody wants them.

getting a skunk2 manifold didn't really answer my question.:confused:

i can't hook up the iab's cause i don't have a p72, i have a chipped and tuned p28, my question is. would it benefit me to take out the iab from the intake manifold since it's not working anyways. or just leave it in? someone told me that i could just disconnect the vacuum line on the drivers side and that this would keep the plate/butterflies open. any facts to this?

your not running a chipped AND TUNED P28, you are running a chipped P28.

Just take the Iab's out, you have no use for em now.

need some help i got a gsr with low compression pistions in my 93 hatch with a b16 dizzy and b16 ecu the problem is the fuel pump dont want to cut on some times and when i get it started it will cut off by it self like it lose power or somthing can anybody help me ? i no i need a tune n all but befor i take it i want to make sure its ok to get it tune

-1 for threadjacking but to answer i'd get a proper basemap so you can eliminate that. Motors are fuel spark and air but all that is driven by the ECU it's likely not your problem but it might be. I've ran a high comp B20 on a b16 basemap before shouldn't be an issue. a n/a basemap shouldnt cost too much.

Back